Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

JediCole Returns

Though I have found it difficult to make it to these forums I love as often as I'd like at times, I've never been absent as long as I have since February 1, 2002. That morning, while waking for work, I rolled over and moved one of the cats on the bed. He was startled, thinking he was under attack by another cat and struck, biting me on the left eye! Yes, he bit me on the eye!

Anyway, after a whirlwind tour or the local ER, a trip to the ophthomologist, and then back to the hospital for surgery, by 1 PM that day I was in a hospital bed for four days trying to prevent infection and save my damaged left eye. I'm on the mend, infection in the cornea is on the run, and I am told in about six months time I will be pleased with how good my vision has been restored. But for now it is hourly eye drops and ever decreasing levels of pain as the eye heals. If you've noted my absence, that is why. Viewing a computer screen becomes easier each day and I will return to moderating the Hasbro AOTC section again within a few days.

Special thanks to Bubba Fatt for getting me home from the hospital as Mrs. JediCole was working that day.

And for those of you in the DFW, Texas area, I hope to see you all at the Sci-Fi Expo and Toy Show in late February in Plano!
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Wel.com back,sorry about your eye At least your Forum Icon has a meaning now
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

so, i guess you'll be the guy with the eye patch?

sorry about your accident. when i was a kid my brother got bit on the face by our dog and it wouldn't let go, so i know how animals can be. and this was a pretty good dog.

what kind of stuff are at the sci-fi cons in dallas. any exclusive stuff like custom 1/6 figures or heads, or just stuff the scalpers have cleaned off the shelves?

<----JediCole Smiley.

When I was a kid, my cat scratched my cornea and I, too, was rushed off to the emergency room. They used this nasty jelly stuff on my eye and I had to wear an eyepatch for a week. NOT FUN. Nowhere near as bad as your incident, but fairly traumatic for a ten year old.

I sympathize with ya JC. Here's to a swift recovery.

Welcome back Jedi Cole. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Welcome back. Hope you recover quickly.

Did you get rid of the cat since then?

Welcome Back Jedicole! I hope you will feel better soon. I guess the Avatar you picked is fitting toward your situation.
    Thanks To Hango Fett/Jedi Tricks for the Avatar!

Welcome back sir

I join the others in wishing you a quick recovery. Take care.

I was out getting my mail from the front of my house one day, when my own cat, for no reason, attacked my arm about as ferociously as could be imagined. Within a few seconds, both my arms were covered in scratches. Its been almost 4 years later, and now I have a 1.5inch scar on my right wrist, a 3 inch scar on the underside of my lower right arm, several smaller scratches on the top of my right hand, and a 3 inch long scar on my left lower arm.

I didn't even do anything to the cat.

Originally posted by chewie
    I didn't even do anything to the cat.
    Cats,who do they think they are!Sheesh!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious