Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

2007 Holiday TV/Movie Challenge

Here it is.....fresh off the Halloween challenge it's time for a holiday one. We'll start this one up on December 1st going through January 1st, so you can enjoy more movies/shows on New Year's Day as well. Rules are pretty easy. You are allowed to count any television show/special or movie that is at least 75% of the episode being around a holiday, weather it be Christmas/Hanukkah/Boxing Day/Kwanza/New Year's. So just keep track here in the thread as you go along, any questions feel free to ask! If we get enough people to participate we could maybe do a prize, whether it be a free figure for the winner, or a picture of Slick's mom or Bea Arthur naked.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

In that case I have watched some movies with my wife(she has been sick the last 2 days) on ABC Family, do those count right now or start Dec. 1st?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DQ
    We'll start this one up on December 1st going through January 1st,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    In that case I have watched some movies with my wife(she has been sick the last 2 days) on ABC Family, do those count right now or start Dec. 1st?
    What do you think?

Do movies that clearly take place around Christmas, though it doesn't play a major part in the film (eg, Ghostbusters 2) count?

What about films or specials that are clearly intended to be based around the normal "earth holidays" like Christmas, but are re-written because the characters don't celebrate Christmas in their world or dimension? (The most obvious example being Life Day in the Star Wars Holiday Special, which should count triple if anyone can actually sit through it.)

I'm assuming that the films of the Harry Potter series don't count, since they have far less than 75% Christmas content. But what about, say, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which has very little (if any) Christmas content but does feature Santa Claus as an important character?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd like to keep it at December 1st, for a level playing field.....I think for movies that take place around X-mas even though it isn't a main theme is alright....but let's limit it if we can. Holiday specials are fine, including the SW X-Mas Special....

December 1st
    1. Mickey's Christmas Carol
    2. The Christmas Toy
    3. Home Alone
    4. The Santa Clause

December 1st
    Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I'm in, just getting a late start. I am going to start this challenge off with a good one too, I bet you all can't wait to find out what it is huh, huh?!?!?
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    I'm just going to wait for TBS to play A Christmas Story 24 hours straight.
    A man after my own heart!

I was surprised by my son yesterday who gave me the Hallmark ornaments "A Major Award!" (infamous leg lamp) and "I Can't put My Arms Down!" (Randy in winter gear-going-to-school) from A Christmas Story.

I'm so proud of my son, that I could explode and stick to the walls!

He knows how addicted to that classic his ol' man is!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!