Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New 2008 Comic 2-Packs Rumor List!

From, http://www.joesightings.com/forums/i...52&#entry59752

Wave 1
    Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress
    Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker
    Anakin and Durge

Wave 2
    65356930814 Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde <-- Best comic pack of the year bar none
    Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta
    Princess Leia and Prince Xizor

Wave 3
    65356931885 White Vader and Princess Leia
    65356931886 Antares Draco and ??? believed to be Ganner Krieg
    65356931887 Dengar and Fenn Shysa
    65356931888 Tobbi Dala and Leia

Cade is a total pass. All Legacy is butt.

White Vader will be a total pass. I didn't buy the crappy ESB Infinities, so why would I get the crappier ROTJ one?

Can't place Tol Skorr, but anyone packed with Asajj should be fine by me. She rocks.

Anakin and Durge will probably be two repacks, and Durge in the comics blows goats. I have proof.

Leia and Xizor are unnecessary, but I'll buy it if the Leia is in the sexy dress. I'll definitely buy it if it's pink "in the mood" Xizor. Even though Xizor sucks, a dedicated horny action figure is unique.

No idea who Trachta is. Sounds like Generic Imperial #437. They could've at least made it "Tank" Sunber.

No clue who Antares or the other guy are. Probably more Legacy buttwipes.

No idea who Tobbi Dala is, so that'll be totally dependent upon the Leia. Likely a no.

Thrawn and Karrde.... Even the rumor has me feeling like a pink Xizor.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hmm, okay let's see, here's what I'm thinking about these sets at the moment:

Wave 1
    Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress maybe, I don't really need anothe Assaj, however if the articulation is decent I may get it. I have no clue who Tol Skorr is, unless they are a tobacco chewing character or something...oh wait I loked him up..still a maybe for this set.
    Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker absolutely, I actually really want the characters from Legacy. I like the look of them, regardless of the downward turn the story has taken.
    Anakin and Durge no, I don't really see the need for this set. Durge wasn't a major player. Besides, shouldn't this be Obi-wan in CLONE armor instead??? If it were that, and it was a good fig for obi-wan, then I'd get it. This is a missed opportunity by Hasbro on this set.

Wave 2
    Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde Oh hell's yeah!!! I have the previous GA Thrawn, so I hope this is an upgraded figure and I'm totally down for Kardde!
    Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta maybe-a meh set for me. I could use another Imp Admiral though.
    Princess Leia and Prince Xizor no way

Wave 3
    White Vader and Princess Leia maybe, the white Vader kind of goes along with the white McQuarrie figures, so I might get this set, then again a Vader/Leia set was just released, so WTF?
    Antares Draco and ??? believed to be Ganner Krieg Hell yeah. I like the look of these guys. A mix of Vader armor and crimson guard armor. Perfect for Imperial knights, if you ask me.
    Dengar and Fenn Shysa no, I don't need another Dengar and I'm not impressed with Fenn the Mando...
    Tobbi Dala and Leia no way. What the hell, another Mando? I just am not liking this Mando subset. Jango and Boba should have been the only ones in the SW line, IMO. Otherwise the Mandos loose their mystique. The Mando sets already had me on the edge, now these two comic sets have put me over it. Easy pass for me.

So wow pretty even distribution here. 3 yes, 3 maybe and 4 no. So that's only $30 out of a possible $100 here for sure.

None are army builders, save possibly the Draco/Krieg set (using head swaps), but I most likely won't do that.

Hmm, so thinking about it, this is good for me. More money to save this year, which is good since I'm cutting my SW budget in half for 2008.
    Move along, move along

I never heard of half these characters before this list . . . some look cool, some are kind of butt. Do we really need three Leias and two Vaders? The resculpts better be good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm mixed on these. While I read all of the comics I don't remeber all of the characters well. Typically a character has to be in multiple story arcs for me to start craving a figure made.

Wave 1
    Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress - don't need Assaj but Tol was ok
    Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker - Definately want this pack
    Anakin and Durge -Don't see a need for this but I will wait to see the sculpt

Wave 2
    Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde - Needed Talon and Thrawn can use an overhaul
    Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta - Vader *groan* and Trachta does nothing for me
    Princess Leia and Prince Xizor - Could be good if the sculpts are interesting

Wave 3
    White Vader and Princess Leia - Didn't really care for the infinities but I guess we can always use another Vader
    Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg - I really like this set
    Dengar and Fenn Shysa - The fact that Marvel sets are going to look like the crappy Marvel art screws any set based on the old comics not that I care for any thing in them really
    Tobbi Dala and Leia - ditto guess they are trying to offset some the cost of the Mando sculpts from the EE pack
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by dindae View Post
    ...I guess we can always use another Vader
    Please don't ever, ever post that where Hasbro can read it again. The six different Vaders warming pegs and shelves right now (and several dozen that did so over the past three years) tell me we can definitely use a break from the big guy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Please don't ever, ever post that where Hasbro can read it again. The six different Vaders warming pegs and shelves right now (and several dozen that did so over the past three years) tell me we can definitely use a break from the big guy.
    Agreed. Vader is SO played out now. I can't even see how the holiday rush will help. (Though I am hoping they will snatch up most of the Vaders.) Not as a message to Hasbro either...
    Move along, move along

I used to be a Vader completist. I would buy any piece of crap with the black helmet, telling myself, "Dude, it's Vader."

Yeah, that ended with ROTS and the loads of crap we've gotten since.

Seriously, six Vaders are pegwarming in different stores right now. There are two different Legends ones, the one with the coin album, the one with Obi-Wan's cape, the carpy EU one from the ESB Infinities comic pack, and the one in the Bespin Battlepack. Wait, I forgot earlier about the re-release of the Marvel Comics 2-pack version and the Tantive IV Battlepack. So there are eight frigging Vaders pegwarming at one time at different stores within a 30 mile radius.

That's way, way too much. I'm starting a thread about it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sorry thought the sarcasm was understood. I have 4 versions staring at me now that I have no need for or place for in any dioramas.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I used to buy all the comic packs, but now I just get a few of them and open the cool ones. I like the fact that I would only get about 3 or 4 of these if the rumors pan out. More $$$$ to save in hopes of an AT-TE next fall.
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."