Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New TIE Fighter Pilots please.

Hey Hasbro,

Just a thought, how about giving us a whole new TIE pilot and not just re-releasing the Saga or POTF, or POTJ versions. How about an SA TIE Pilot with removable helmet and head variations, human, clone, Chiss, etc, maybe even perhaps a female TIE pilot. maybe even some running changes like the bloodstripes for the 181st.

perhaps you can even make a TIE Pilot battlepack, perhaps 2-3 Pilots in full uniform and maybe 2-3 pilots in just a standard jumpsuit no gear. maybe as an accessory you can put in a training simulator or something. this would also be a great way to release the Saga large wing TIE again as well as EU TIE's, like the Defender,Crawler, Advanced, and maybe even a Chiss Clawcraft.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I think if the 2004 Saga TIE Pilot just had some better arm articulation and a ball-joint neck, it would be perfect.

The main reason I DON'T want to see an update of the figure is because I just know that they will give the figure a removable helmet with a stupid Jango head underneath. Plus, they will just reuse that undersized helmet that they packed in with the comic 2-pack figure.

The TIE Pilots in the movie looked like melon-heads, so that's how they need to look in action figure form.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'd really like to see the TIE Pilot released in VTSC super-articulated form. The removable helmet on the Baron Fel comic pack looked pretty cheesy to me so I'd prefer the ball-jointed helmet only. I'm tired of seeing Jango's kiwi face underneath all the troops. And how about a super-articulated VTSC AT-AT Driver as well. The Saga version was pretty good but VTSC could really go the extra mile on articulation and detail.

a new tie fighter pilot with removable helmet and retooled figure with ball jointed shoulders and elbows!

I like the idea of having a running change on a new tie fighter pilot, blood stripes for Fel's guys, a female, a jango, a average human, i would really get into this.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I would be happy with a re-release of ye olde SAGA Tie Pilot. It's gonna have been 4 years.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Gothiczartan View Post
    a new tie fighter pilot with removable helmet and retooled figure with ball jointed shoulders and elbows!
    If you use the Jango head, you're bound to upset somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave View Post
    And how about a super-articulated VTSC AT-AT Driver as well. The Saga version was pretty good but VTSC could really go the extra mile on articulation and detail.
    How could Hasbro improve on the Saga version? As far as articulation:

Ball-jointed head
    Ball-jointed shoulders
    swivel elbows
    swivel wrists
    hips
    knees
    ankles

Unless they added waist articulation, I don't see how that sculpt can be improved upon, given the bulkiness of some of the Driver's armor. And the extensive existing articulation almost makes waist articulation unnecessary, IMO. I would say the same for the detail, which is nothing short of outstanding for a more obscure Imperial trooper type.

That comic pack Baron Fel figure has me very wary of what a new TIE Pilot figure would look like right now. I saw the figure in person the other day and it's just horrible.

I hoping we don't see a new TIE Pilot for a couple of years, then maybe Hasbro will be over their Jango-fetish, and we won't have to worry about Temura Morrison's head ending up underneath the helmet.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis