Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mcquarrie vehicles??

the figures are selling
    would anyone buy the vehicles??

curious is all

i would
    the falcon especially looks awesome

Didn't they try this once back in 1998? Didn't seem to do well at all, even though I still really like the concept Snowspeeder.

I don't actually believe that McQuarrie was responsible for many of the vehicle designs. I think that was more Joe Johnston's department.

I really love most of the concepts for the ESB Scout Walker. Those would be awesome as toys.

While we're at it, what about beasts? I would love to get a concept Jabba, maybe even a figure of the human "stand-in" for Jabba from ANH. He's be a pretty cool action figure.

Then there's the rat-like early TaunTauns or the Ewok's beast of burden.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

As loathe as I am to suggest a re-release of stuff that went on clearance, it might be a good idea. They should probably re-release the concept Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon from a few years ago, too.

Concept TaunTaun would be sweet. What about the Rancor with the tentacles? Or the little furball Ewoks? Or "extremely elegant" Lando?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkalan70 View Post
    the figures are selling
    would anyone buy the vehicles??

curious is all

i would
    the falcon especially looks awesome
    If it's a 3 3/4" toy and has the Star Wars logo attached, I'm in.

The EU Airspeeder w/ pilot they did back in the day was a McQuarrie design. I think its a neat toy and if they re-released it under the McQ Signature Series line it would probably sell.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    The EU Airspeeder w/ pilot they did back in the day was a McQuarrie design. I think its a neat toy and if they re-released it under the McQ Signature Series line it would probably sell.
    Yeah but why do that when you can get the set for $10 shipped? I know, because I just did this with the Airspeeder and speeder bike sets. Just need the Hoth one and I'm good on those.
    Move along, move along

Galoob did these with the Action Fleet. I never bought them as I wasn't into AF but I always thought they were really cool looking. I was a big fan of the Snowspeeder/Cloud Car that Hasbro put out in the POTJ line. I know these sold very poorly but I think with a good repaint and repackaged under the McQuarrie subline these could do better. Who wouldn't want a McQuarrie AT-AT or TIE Fighter or X-Wing to go with them?

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Yeah but why do that when you can get the set for $10 shipped?
    Ex-freaking-actly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    While we're at it, what about beasts? I would love to get a concept Jabba.
    I actually like this idea more. There were some really awesome concept Jabbas. One really did look like Sydney Greenstreet, complete with fez hat.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

That's funny about the stand-in Jabba, just a few days ago I was joking about how there should be a PERFECTLY movie-accurate Jabba complete with the cutout back and all them dudes inside with the TVs etc- kinda like my idea to include little sticks with the new 'Deuce to make him exactly "out of shot" accurate

Iso & Baws

That'd be F-ing SWEET
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

I really don't think the vechiles would do well, since most vechiles that are out now are shelf warmers (at least in my area) i don't think even adding concept or any artists name would help the sells of these things, even though i thought the concept cloud car and speeder were cool toys they where clearence fodder within a few monthes and still sat on the shelves around here, but i think a concept Jabba would be a cool toy, hell i think a figure of any Jabba would be cool to have out again.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!