Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My reviews of Cody, AT-AT, and Snowspeeder (pics)

In package:
    http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3...ure3172fi4.jpg

Firstly I want to say that the character art for all the SWTF line has been consistly awesome. Whoever the artist(s) is he gets kudos.

Snowspeeder: Vehicle mode is perfection. There's absolutely no bot parts showing anywhere, top or bottom. The landing gear is a nice touch. I just wish it had a place to store the lightsaber. Bot mode transformation is kind of fun, a lot of flipping panels. I like the 4 hoses they added to the bot mode and the guns for details. The legs are too skinny and once again the joints are a little loose making balancing a burden. I wish the back kibble could be compacted more.

AT-AT: Once again a marvelous vehicle mode.Great looking weathering on the top half, but they forgot to put it on the legs. No robot parts showing. AT-AT head turns and can nod up and down and the legs are nice and tight and articulated. Fun transformation. I like how the AT-AT gun pops off to be his hand gun. Say what you want about the bot mode but I like it. The bot legs look better in person, especially with the side panels over them, and he balances great. And the leg kibble in the back looks awesome when you position it over the shoulder as some anti-aircraft artillery. And the way the "toes" move inward help the illusion too. This guy is one of my favorites.

Cody: Nice Turbo tank, but the gun fits too loose and the red paint seems poorly applied. Small nit-pick but the hands are visible in the back. Bot mode is tight and pretty rock-solid. But the way the parts fold over the back of the legs makes the heels uneven and hinders balance in certain poses. Also the backpack gets in the way of the shoulders sometimes. I wish the knees could bend higher and hip swivels would of been nice. I have the back kibble folded like the instructions show. I think mine looks better. Cody's has the most badass headsculpt of any SWTF and is definitely a must-have for any SW nerd.

Pics of the bots:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/949...ure3174om6.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5...ure3175ol0.jpg

I changed the TFW2k5 smilie to ours.

On the Cody "hands showing in the back", do you mean the end without the "neck"? Because that's the FRONT of the Juggernaut design! I'd hate to see them have left the hands exposed at the front of the vehicle, that'd be unacceptable.

That snowspeeder bot look so kibbly, and the AT-AT bot's kinda spindly like he lost his mass in transformation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You can see the hands on the end with the antenna and where you put the driver (The wider end). Opposite where the rotating gun is. But it's not really that bad.

Regarding the Cody TF, I'd like to point out some features that Cataclizm neglected. In bot mode, the top wheels on the shoulders can be pulled out to reveal cannons. Also the top wheel on the legs open up to reveal weaponry. One side has a tiny blaster that is too small in scale for the Cody bot so I'm not sure what purpose it really serves. The other wheel has what I assume are thermal detonators though they're non removable. The aforementioned blaster is removable.

Unfortunately, JT, the hands are exposed in the front (and I've always thought the end with the antenna is the front).

I actually didn't like the head sculpt as the bottom part of the helmet protrudes out too much and is too exaggerated.

Oh man, that's bad, they put the hands sticking out the front, that's heinous.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At the very least, they could've painted the hands grey like the rest of the tank so they're so not as noticeable.

I found these at a Target in Chicago just yesterday.
    Wonder if these always hit California first?

Nabbed the Cody Tank and have seen the Snowspeeder locally, but can't for the life of me find an AT-AT. What's the case-pack for these?

Anyway, I LOVE the Cody Robot mode- it just looks great

I am anxious to get a Snowspeeder but I am holding out for a good paint job- the ones I have seen have some serious quality issues including paint scratches and sloppy application. I'll wait for a good one.

Wish I could see an AT-AT but it looks great

A lot of the paint scratches like on the orange paint are supposed to be there on the snowspeeder. it's like weathering or damage for show. All the one's I've seen in the stores are like that.

From what I've seen, the initial case with this wave has 2x Snowspeeder and everything else is 1x (including old crap). Then it shifts to a thousand different revision cases (at least 6) with 1x new guys or less!