Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am not waving it in everyone's face. Just explaining to the person who said that I was jealous that in fact I have no need to be envious that I had one. And mine is being given away!

What I have been saying all along is that for someone to represent "the collectors" like Sir Steve, he should not have turned right to the cash cow of ebay to turn a profit and instead of expressing my feelings in other forums, I had the ****s to come and confront him on his own turf. If you guys can't see the wrong in this, then maybe you all deserve each other.
    But I for can not stand when someone gets one for free, puts it up on ebay to make a quick buck(Do not try and say this thing would only go for $50!) while hiding the news this was going to be released through the Fan Club later. Then tries to cover his *** by saying its a friends but then HE not the friend decides to donate the $$ to charity after everyone and their mother w/half a conscience calls him on it.
    Maybe you guys should think about that for a second instead of being a bunch of Alice the Goons with your "I love Sir Steve, I love Sir Steve..." he does no wrong and see my point. But I guess its a lost cause with guys I just don't buy his crap!!!!

So smackdown that!!!!!
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-14-2002 at 05:47 PM.

Its funny contradicting things from other site forums.....
    On the other many boards 99% of the peopel are in agreement over here in the Hutt's Palace its reversed...funny.

I like the guy who backed up sirsteve on the 'scum board and kinda contradicts steves own post. I mean hell at least try to make the lies jive. Mr. Comenbozo....

and an FYI do not buy batteries in New York, they can range from $60-$200 for the same battery....amazing!

Collect to collect not collect to invest, scalpers....

I wonder how many people from Scalper Central (here) will be selling figures on ebay April 23rd? While us real collectors with lives have to hunt to get the figures, that we want because >gasp< we liek them and don't care what the value is!

SirCheeses Guide: the Moral low of star wars collectors....

Hopefully I'll meet some of you in Indy....

you'll be the ones loging on your notebooks to quickly sell the Celebration 2 figure on Ebay

Note to SirSleaze: get batteries and have them charged BEFORE you go to Indy.

lets get back to talking about Star Wars ...well THIS IS STAR WARS, this is the STATE of THE HOBBY! Peopel out to make a buck at the expense of others.....hopefully you steve-o lovers have the nards to check out post son other boards, thejawa, rebelscum, theforce,net...you'll see who is in the minirity....

We will not go away because we are in it because we like collecting, most of you all will probably hit the road after the market gets quashed....and your stockpile of figures isn't worth anything....the true fans won't care, the scalpers will (it'll cut into their cheetoh fund)
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-14-2002 at 05:47 PM.

It's good to see that you are giving yours away. Your more honorable than others. Me, I'd hold on to it if it were mine.

My point was, if indeed the figure belonged to a SS or a friend of his, the figure was theirs and they can do what they like with it. It's not like they had the only versions of this figure ever to be produced.

Like it was stated in another post, it's the bidders fault that the price was so inflated, not holder of the auction. No one forced the bidder to pay that amount for it, they did it of their own free will. They are the ones that will have to pay for it, not the collectors or fans.

Personally I have never used e-bay and I don't agree with how the prices of figures get inflated there, but that's another can of worms.

Bottom line is: We are FREE to do what ever we like to with our own property. If indeed SS wanted to make a quick buck...more power to him. If he wasn't a webmaster of a SW site, nobody would have thought twice about it.

I guess we all deal with things in our own ways........:

BTW: I do collect to collect. I could care less what a figure is worth, b/c I plan to never sell my collection. I don't buy from on-line toy dealers or scalpers. I rely on the collecting community for trades and what not, as well as HUNTING TOYS. I enjoy my hobby of choice and MY collection. After all it is MINE!!!!!
    Last edited by DahrJin; 02-14-2002 at 04:07 PM.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

Okay, this bozo has gone on long enough...

Originally not thought through very well by Jedi Dan
    [B]Its funny contradicting things from other site forums.....
    On the other many boards 99% of the peopel are in agreement over here in the Hutt's Palace its reversed...funny.[b]
    WHO CARES WHAT OTHER SITES HAVE TO SAY. DOES ONE SITE HAVE MORE INSIGHT OR AUTHORITY ABOUT THE STATE OF STAR WARS FANDOM THAN THE OTHERS? Nooooo.

I like the guy who backed up sirsteve on the 'scum board and kinda contradicts steves own post. I mean hell at least try to make the lies jive. Mr. Comenbozo....
    Can we stick to the topic at hand?

and an FYI do not buy batteries in New York, they can range from $60-$200 for the same battery....amazing!

Ditto. I'm not even sure what this has to do with anything.

Collect to collect not collect to invest, scalpers....

Who is this directed at, exactly? Do you presume to tell me if I frequent SirSteves, then I must be a scalper? How much wronger can you get? The lack of logic in that statement is staggering. It makes you look like an imbecile of gargantuan proportions. I don't even understand how you CAME to that conclusion.

I wonder how many people from Scalper Central (here) will be selling figures on ebay April 23rd? While us real collectors with lives have to hunt to get the figures, that we want because >gasp< we [SIC]liek them and don't care what the value is!

I would have to say: none of us. Figures will be abundant. And if you have trouble finding them it's because you're in your mom's basement doing...whatever... and not at Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, etc...

SirCheeses Guide: the Moral low of star wars collectors....

Hopefully I'll meet some of you in Indy....

Damn right, skippy. I'll be the one with the shirt that says Rollo Tomassi @ Sirstevesguide So all my SSG buddies can find me. I'm proud to be a forumite at the coolest SW site on the 'net.

you'll be the ones loging on your notebooks to quickly sell the Celebration 2 figure on Ebay

Note to SirSleaze: get batteries and have them charged BEFORE you go to Indy.

Note to JediDan: Thanks for posting all those pictures on YOUR website...oh. wait. never mind. Did your digital batteries go dead? or...wait. You DON'T HAVE YOUR OWN WEBSITE. So you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

lets get back to talking about Star Wars ...well THIS IS STAR WARS, this is the STATE of THE HOBBY! Peopel out to make a buck at the expense of others.....hopefully you steve-o lovers have the nards to check out post son other boards, thejawa, rebelscum, theforce,net...you'll see who is in the minirity....

Actually, I HAVE checked out the competition. That's why I'm here. If you want whiny foul mouthed fanboys, by all means, go somewhere else. If you want the cream of the fan crop, the wittiest, the most intelligent, you come to SSG.

We will not go away because we are in it because we like collecting, most of you all will probably hit the road after the market gets quashed....and your stockpile of figures isn't worth anything....the true fans won't care, the scalpers will (it'll cut into their cheetoh fund)

I was going to tell you to take a hike, but I've decided to ask you to stick around. You make the rest of us look like geniuses by comparison.

But you don't get any baskets of duct tape...
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 02-14-2002 at 05:48 PM.

I'm new to all of this forum stuff and am surprised that any one who hides behind their computer and runs his mouth actually reffers to himself as "having the balls".I really don't care what other forums say I don't go there I go here.
    And pal my guess is I'm alot older than you and have been collecting a long time and it's guys like you always leave once there's nothing left to ***** about.
    I don't care what Sir Steve does with his property.I am grateful that he has this site up for people like me.I've been to other sites and looked around,Not impressed.
    One last thought you might want to reconsider the idea about being glad to see people from these forums in Indy.You keep running your mouth and someone diggs around and finds out who you are they may want to "prove" you wrong on a few points(please don't go off on some tough guy tangient).
    If we all deserve each other fine by me.can't thnk of better company
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I don't particularly care if everyone agrees or disagrees with SirSteve or not, since it's really not my business, but the argument's getting out of hand. Given that there may very well be kids reading this, anyone who puts in their two cents needs to keep the potty talk to a minimum. It's possible to get across a point (and more effectively so, in fact) without resorting to profanity and borderline obscenities.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

agreed.I'm sorry if anything I said was out of line
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I'm sorry, too. I used harsh language earlier. Can we still use symbols like in cartoons?
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    Actually, I HAVE checked out the competition. That's why I'm here. If you want whiny foul mouthed fanboys, by all means, go somewhere else. If you want the cream of the fan crop, the wittiest, the most intelligent, you come to SSG.
    Did you mean EVERYBODY at all the other sites? Or just certain people?

I gave up the scalper battles, they didn't work. Best thing I figure I can do is just not care about a scalper and just set the record straight when it's gotten too warped, if they don't get attention, they can't get customers, and if they can't get customers, well, theres go their purchasing income.

Granted anyone making even retail price profit on those Vader figures just cause they can is scalping.

I don't doubt Steve knew that these Vader figures would fetch more than $50, but if he wanted to put it on ebay, fine, not my problem, it's the idiots that are feeding this crap just so they can have that extra-elusive figure. Scalpers don't make scalpers, the greedy make scalpers, and I mean the greedy people trying to get stuff just to have things before others so they can act like they're the top of the town even if they don't actually collect the things.

These Vader figures are pretty boring, I mean they're just the Flashback Vaders in metallic paint with a new package that doesn't even house the whole lightsaber so it could easily get broken. If I ever get one, it'll probably be cause I'm a completionist or something, it's an ok display piece, but for anywhere above $3-5 which is probably what it cost to make is ridiculous.

If you want to be behind Steve, then do it, if you want to bash him, fine, but just remember this isn't a who likes who forum but a Star Wars forum where favorites are supposed to be in toy form. You don't like someone, fine, talk amongst friends or take it up with the staff or just ignore them. Personally I don't have that high of an opinion of Steve because I know some rather bad things about him, but I'm gonna go about talking in the topics that I came here for and keep my personal opinions to myself.

This is a STAR WARS board, not a damn WHO'S BETTER board.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker

Personally I don't have that high of an opinion of Steve because I know some rather bad things about him, but I'm gonna go about talking in the topics that I came here for and keep my personal opinions to myself.

So . . . you don't have a high opinion of SirSteve yet you are not going to reveal your opinions ? ? ? ? ?

Wow, those complainers really came across as foolish. I thought scalping constituted taking items available at retail and jacking up the price? These Vaders are not currently available at retail . . .
    even if they do eventually become available, where's the injustice? Unless SirSteve buys the vast majority of those available from WOTC and then sells them at auction, the point about scalping is invalid.

I may never get one of these Vaders, but at least I can come here to look at some nice pics of it whenever I want