Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks for the TF exclusive Vader fig--jerks.

As a die-hard Vader collector, I was more than a little bit chagrinned to learn that Hasbro had concocted a Vader silver anniversary fig exclusive to Toy Fair. I hate it when companies do stuff like this to collectors. This promises to be the SW equivalent of the 1701 Series of figs in the Playmates Star Trek TNG line.

Of course, I like the look of it, and I really want one, but given that I (like most collectors nationwide) don't live in New York City, I guess I can look forward to paying hundreds of dollars for this piece on ebay. Thanks Hasbro. You affirm my exceedingly low opinion of you and your collective regard for collectors on an almost daily basis. This is but a crowning achievement.

If the Hasbrokers were going to pull something like this with one of the core collectible characters, why couldn't they have released it at Celebration II instead. At least then a lot more collectors from across the country would have had a crack at getting one for less than $300-500 (or whatever they'll end up costing on ebay).
    Always looking for rare and unique Vader items (including, but not necessarily limited to, licensed and unlicensed foreign (to US) pieces). Please email me if you have any such items for sale or trade.

I've read in several various threads that there are SERIOUS rumours about this EXCLUSIVE later being available through the fan club. And I can definitely see that happening. All is not lost --- yet.

PS --- I agree, this is very interesting figure . . . AND the packaging!!! Dang, that Black sure is sharp. It'd have been an amazing idea to do the entire ATOC line with Black Cards? Maybe for Episode III . . .

I agree that it sucks. I live 10 min. away from the city and I still can't get one because I can't get into toyfair. They better release it through the fan club.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

RE: Possible Fan Club distribution

I certainly hope that the rumors regarding fan club distribution are accurate. I'd gladly pay Fan Club prices for a couple of these. I appreciate the info.
    Always looking for rare and unique Vader items (including, but not necessarily limited to, licensed and unlicensed foreign (to US) pieces). Please email me if you have any such items for sale or trade.

The costs of R&D, making a mold, setting up the presses at the factory, designing the card back, etc. virtually assures mass production of these things. They aren't going to go to all that trouble if only to make 500 or 1000 of these. It's not cost effective. They have to produce on the order of ten thousands or even higher to justify making one. So you'll get one at a reasonable price if you want one.

It does say on the OS that a limited number will be available thru the Fan Club... I think the Fan Club sucks since WOTC took it over, but that's another matter entirely!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I agree with all of you,especially vayoma.I,a Vader Collector too,
    am rather disapointed that they just didnt mass-market this
    in stores,with the 25th Anni packs.As long as its avaible
    thru the FanClub,I'll be somewhat happy.

Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Anyone heard the rumor that the packaging will be different for the FC version of this fig? That would make a degree of sense. Hopefully it will be the same basic packaging design sans the Toy Fair sticker on the bubble.

Actually, one just popped up on ebay, and I thought for the heck of it that I'd help things along. I'm the current high bidder at $303.77, and the reserve hasn't even been met yet. Let the games begin.

Woah, 303.77 for that? Hasbro just took Flashback Vader and painted it. Well I guess if you've got the money and are willing to spend it....
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well, I just checked the ebay auction. With 6+ days remaining, its already had 22 bids, and the high bid currently stands at 750.00!! That's just insane, I don't care how limited a figure it is. I hope it's avaliable thru the fan club later, all I want is the figure. Infact If I had one, I would open it.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.