Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Infecting the Original Trilogy

For me anyway, the Original Trilogy of films is far superior to the Prequels for a variety of reasons. I'm not a big fan of the story or the acting or some of the elements introduced in the Prequels. However, like the OT before it, the production design is still interesting and, for the most part, manages to translate into cool toys.

That said, up til now, I've been able to separate my toy collection according to the trilogies. While opening the Battle of Hoth Battle Pack from Target, a Snowtrooper's helmet fell off revealing a Jango head. WTF?! I mean, it's bad enough that the OT was reedited to include the useless and gratuitous shot of Spirit Whine-akin at the end of ROTJ. But seriously, does Hasbro have to infect the OT toys with the stink of the Prequels too? Who's responsible for this!?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    Who's responsible for this!?
    I think that one guy, with the beard, who created all six movies, and sees them as one, big story. I forget his name, but I think he's responsible.

While opening the Battle of Hoth Battle Pack from Target, a Snowtrooper's helmet fell off revealing a Jango head. WTF?! I mean, it's bad enough that the OT was reedited to include the useless and gratuitous shot of Spirit Whine-akin at the end of ROTJ. But seriously, does Hasbro have to infect the OT toys with the stink of the Prequels too? Who's responsible for this!?
    I know what to get Stillakid for Christmas: superglue!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I guess in some ways I keep the new trilogy and the original seperate in my collection. But overall I view them as a whole and see the six movies as connected. I kind of like the original troops with clone heads underneath and do not have a problem with them. I am actually working on a display with all of the clones and Boba/Jango. The clone heads may not be cannon but I am having some fun with it.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

SK, don't think of them as Jango heads. Think of them as a rubber mask the stormies put on to further fool people.....
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble View Post
    I guess in some ways I keep the new trilogy and the original seperate in my collection. But overall I view them as a whole and see the six movies as connected. I kind of like the original troops with clone heads underneath and do not have a problem with them. I am actually working on a display with all of the clones and Boba/Jango. The clone heads may not be cannon but I am having some fun with it.
    One day when I have time and space, I want to build an Emperor's Arrival scene using every type of trooper there is from the OT, the Prequels, and even the EU stuff. So I don't mind there being different kinds of troopers, but there is no indication in the OT films themselves that all the Stormtroopers (or any of them at all) were Jango clones underneath. I just don't see the purpose of turning the Hoth Troopers into Jangos.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDubya View Post
    I think that one guy, with the beard, who created all six movies, and sees them as one, big story. I forget his name, but I think he's responsible.

Snow Job?

I find it annoying that OT Imperial troops come with Clone heads too, but I show my displeasure with this development by not buying them at all.

Fortunately Hasbro had the good sense not to put a Jango head on the McQuarrie Fett.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

For me anyway, the Original Trilogy of films is far superior to the Prequels for a variety of reasons. I'm not a big fan of the story or the acting or some of the elements introduced in the Prequels. However, like the OT before it, the production design is still interesting and, for the most part, manages to translate into cool toys.

That said, up til now, I've been able to separate my toy collection according to the trilogies. While opening the Battle of Hoth Battle Pack from Target, a Snowtrooper's helmet fell off revealing a Jango head. WTF?! I mean, it's bad enough that the OT was reedited to include the useless and gratuitous shot of Spirit Whine-akin at the end of ROTJ. But seriously, does Hasbro have to infect the OT toys with the stink of the Prequels too? Who's responsible for this!?
    Yes, we get it. You've only stated your hate every every chance you get.

You've reached a point where you're redundantly beating a dead horse.

For someone who hates the Prequels so much, you have a sick obsession to rant endlessly about them. Surely you have something better to do than obsess over something you don't like. It's not very productive and surely not healthy.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I know what to get Stillakid for Christmas: superglue!
    Get him a new stick for his 'Dead Horse Beating' hobby.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.