Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would everyone like to participate in a poll for "BEST figure of the year"?

I sent the following message to JT, but I wanted to get everyone else take on this too.

Hey JT,

I'd like to run a series of polls that let's our forumites choose which is the best figure of 2007, in the basic TAC line.

First we'd start with each wave. The top vote getter moves on to the next round. We do this for all 9 waves. These polls would only run for 3-4 days so we could be close to done by the end of the year. In the case of a tie, all of the top tieing vote geters move on.

Ok, so second round we now have 9+ figures. the top three vote getters move to the final round where we vote on one.

Top one get's the distinction of being SSG's best figure of the year.

No criteria is set forth as to why it's the best either. Just leave that up to the forumites.
    Though we can explain that the decision "can" be based on sculplt, articulation, character, etc.

A similar poll can be done for Battle Packs and yet another for vehicles.

This would be a good way to get everyone involved. Of course you and the couple of other fellas who post their year-end round up can still do so. These polls just give a way for everyone to join in.

So what do you think?
    Now again this is ONLY for the TAC basic line. We can run another for the packs and vehicles as I mentioned and even one for exclusive of the year. Whatever we can reasonably come up with.

I like reading the year end round ups. However, I would really like to see the whole site involved to see what the most popular choices are.

So here's YOUR chance, what do you think? (This is not meant for you to vote on a figure in this thread, rather just state if you'd like to participate in this series of polls.)

Thanks!
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

I would be interested in doing a poll. One question that I have is would the Mcquarrie be included in the poll for each wave or should there be a seperate vote for the best Mcquarrie figure?
    WHEN GONE AM I THE LAST OF THE JEDI WILL YOU BE

Sure, why not? Everyone likes lists and polls.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Yeah, I loved the "best figure ever" poll.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I like that this thread is having a poll as to whether or not there should be a poll!

Sure, sounds like a great idea.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

yeah sounds like a good idea to me.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I'm on board.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

That's a good idea. It doesn't interfere with our year-end-round up.

I'm voting for a comic 2-pack figure for that, so far as I know.

Should they be allowed in this poll? If it's done as JediMasterSal proposes, with sub-category winners from each wave, then the comic 2-packs can be handled all together or as waves as well.

Since there were also EU figures in Wave 5, (Darth Malak, etc.) and other places (Animated Fett, Voolif Monn), I think the McQuarrie figures should still be included in their waves they were issued in. I might vote for one of them anyway (within its wave).

But this is for you all. You guys should decide. I just posted my opinion.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.