Brown haired '77 Luke for $200??

I was watching this one out of curiosity, never expected it to go this high, but what's the deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=021

It doesn't appear to be a telescoping saber, I've had more than my share of complete brown-haired original Lukes, and they never went for that much.

Any input?

This is the "red" or "orange" hair version, which is the rarest of the three hair colors (if I remember right). The other thing that I noticed right away is how white the figure is. Now that may be just the photo, but figure looks to be in very good shape. I think $200 is very high for this type of figure. It's rare, but maybe not as desirable as a DT saber. So I go back to be old stand by answer this this type of question, the true value of an item is what your willing to pay for it.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

It looks to be very pristine (look at the left hand, looks fresh out of the mold) but I wouldn't expect that to sell for $200+ either.

I think that 200 buckaroos for ANY loose SW fig is too much, even some of the POTF ones, so there's my input on that. My Brown Luke went for $35 about 10 years ago; even tripling that value it's just over $100.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The last one I saw sell was on RS and went for $500.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Geez! And here I was thinking I had paied a bit too much for a loose R2-D2 with pop up saber from 1984 at 55 dollars.

200 for a loose figure is just a BIT out of my price range.

I saw this Luke earlier, when I was browsing "loose" figures on eBay a couple of days ago. I didn't think it would go that high.
    I know that carded and graded examples go much higher though.

3 3/4 GI Joes from the 80's seem to do just as well, even loose ones.
    I have also seen the recent yellow variation error 25th ann. Sargent Stalker go above $100. Now he's back down to $75.

I think the Christmas frenzy has something to do with it too.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

If you sell on ebay, Christmas is without a doubt the time to put stuff up.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Maybe it had the face of Elvis in his hair?
    People buy haunted toast on ebay.
    Sorry folks, but not all Star Wars fans are geniuses.