Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation I Really Don't Know What Some of You Were Expecting...

because these new figures are the best SW figures yet. The majority are absolutely amazing, with Real Scan being put to great use. They are truly going to make the POTF2 and EP1 figures look pretty bad in comparison. Wow...

The problem is most of the figures have been pre-posed in action stances. So unless you have them in the exact stance they are in on the card, they look extremely goofy. And many of them also have absolutely no articulation. Even the joints at the hips have been removed. So they aren't really toys anymore. They are more like PVC figurines. And most of them WON'T fit in the vehicles. The vehicles. The vehicles that are the reason that Hasbro has stuck with a 3 3/4" line for the past 25 years. Tiny figures that fit into spaceships. Except they don't fit into the spaceships anymore because they are in pre-pose "action" stances.

Nobody is complaining about the details afforded by realscan technology.

There appears to be an Obi-Wan in his speeder, and a Zam Wessell in her speeder...

I said it once... I'll say it twice...

I hate the lack of articulation and the ridiculous posing... why???

"Because I don't wanna have to recreate one specific scene from the movie!!! What is the freakin' point??!!! I want toys...! Toys, dang it!!! So I can play with them and make up my own flippin' adventures!!!!

Otherwise... the line is fine.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't expecting much from Hasbro, but I am liking more than I thought I would. There are some good things coming out, but there is also a lot of garbage coming out.

I have yet to see one of those flash accessories that actually look good. I don't like most of the Jangos, any of the Obis, Anakins, or Padmes. I think its hit or miss with those new deluxe figs, and most seem to be a miss, IMO.

The vehicles look pretty good, as do the beasts.

Some figures seem to have some good articulation, or don't need any to begin with. Those I'll probably get.

All in all, I like about 75-80% of what I've seen. I don't see these even competing with POTJ, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I obviously underestimated the number of people who still play with toys in here

What people find sad about all the preposed figures is that MANY simply don't fit into ANY ships. It's just impossible. I know, I know, Zam and Obiwan fit into their ships --- frankly that's very limiting. When I was a kid everybody fit in every ship (with the only exception being FX-7.) Meaning everybody flew every ship. Heck, Leia was always commandeering TIE fighters and the like. But now you have all of these characters that just have to, well, stand there. Or I guess ride in the back of the Falcon.

As a kid I rarely just shot for shot recreated the adventures that were in the films with my toys. It was all new stuff that was happening between films. Anything was possible. It was a very imaginative time, and I think I was far from unique in doing that. With these toys, that freedom is gone for today's kids and I find that sad.

The problem with all these Scene-specific figures is we wind up with a bunch of Figure-specific ships. And where's the fun in that?
    Last edited by mark2d2; 02-11-2002 at 04:00 PM.

Thank GOD!

Thank you for coming to my rescue Mark!! You're my hero!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I like most of the AOTC merchandise, and I like everyhting with tons of articulation. That's what makes a toy a toy.
    Thanks To Hango Fett/Jedi Tricks for the Avatar!

I'm completely with you IcebergSlim. I've seen all the official pics on StarWars.com by now and I'm blown away by about 90% of the new figures.

I understand that it's annoying to have figures (although it's almost totally the Jedi) stuck in one "dynamic" pose. But I think it's pretty interesting that almost no one here bothers to notic the good things about a lot of these figures.

For instance; articulation : Has anyone bothered to mention that the regualr Jango and I believe Anakin too (although its hard to tell on him) have bendable knees? Or point out that Zam Wessel (my new favorite figure BTW) has about as many points of articualtion as the Commtech Stormtrooper; ball-jointed shoulders AND bendable knees!

I know everybody has something they want that Hasbro won't do, but you can't tell me that there aren't a lot of people on this board who love to moan and complain and yell at them whether they do something right or not. (not usually you guys JEDIPrtnr or Rollo )
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?