Question R2-B1 question...

So, why did Hasbro decide that R2-B1 now has a light blue coloured dome? The original release has a vac-metalised dome and isn't light blue at all. Is the new one movie accurate or did they just make a strange decision on the colouring?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

R2-B1 had a dome that looked more like brushed nickel (like r2-d2) than anything else. It definitely shouldn't have been the shiny chrome of the first release. It sounds like they just got the paint color wrong while trying to get it right.

I guess this way they can re-release it next year in the legends line (corrected) and feel assured that we'll buy it (again.) Or maybe it isn't really a conspiracy and the factory just screwed up (it's been known to happen with Hasbro.)

I agree with mtriv73...
    I like the new dome alot better...the chromed-out ones always look more toy-like...

Well, I think that it would be a LOT better if they would just use regular silver paint rather than vac-metalising it. This colour almost looks like it's lavender or something.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    R2-B1 had a dome that looked more like brushed nickel (like r2-d2) than anything else. It definitely shouldn't have been the shiny chrome of the first release. It sounds like they just got the paint color wrong while trying to get it right.

I guess this way they can re-release it next year in the legends line (corrected) and feel assured that we'll buy it (again.) Or maybe it isn't really a conspiracy and the factory just screwed up (it's been known to happen with Hasbro.)
    I've not seen the new one yet. I can't tell from the picture on the back of the others in this wave. In the picture you linked to above, it does sort of have a slightly bluish look to the dome, but that could be reflection or the lighting.