Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Thanks guys. You folks were almost the only friends who remembered.

It was kind of a lonely (but restfull) birthday.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sorry to hear it was a lonesome birthday. I texted you a birthday Yodaism only under the assumption you were out doing something fun enough not to be able to take phone calls.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Michelle and I went to the theater and caught "Deathtrap" on Sunday, for my birthday and hers. Then we watched zombie movies!

My friend Nicole is taking me out to eat today.

So it's not all that bad. But on my actual birth day - I was alone this year.

No biggie. But thank you all for the thoughts!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

What's Deathtrap?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's a live theatrical play. A friend I served with on the local city planning board is a sponsor, manager, and actor in many productions.

This play is about a WRITER who after being a guest-speaker at a conference, meets a young "apprentice" writer who wants his help polishing up an unproduced (and never seen before) play.

The older writer scares his wife that he plans to KILL the younger writer and steal his work so he can bring himself back into success.

When efforts to get rid of his wife fail, she witnesses the murder.

Then, after the victim is burried in their backyard, she dies of a heart attack when the bloodied dead writer digs himself out of his grave (like a vengeful zombie) - only the younger writer's death had been totally faked!

It was a plot to cause the wife to die of a heart attack so that the older writer would inherit her estate and the two scribes could become partners on the new play.

Only their trust breaks down in the face of the police investigation and the interference by a vodoo/pyshic lady (who was just hilarious) and there are a few more good twists and turns in the plot that you won't see coming.

I probably spoiled too much of the story already by revealing that the younger writer's death was only staged. It looks very convincing when performed.

In any case, this whole plot leads to multiple homicides and plenty of action though it got off to a very slow start so the audience gets convinced, in a long drawn-out dialogue with just the older writer and his wife, that he IS capable of murder for a good story.

It was very ironic that I am a writer and this play spoke so much to me.

In the gunfighting and civil war re-enactments I do to promote my own novel, I kill a lot of people and post the pictures and video of all the action on my webpage.

Happy Belated Birthday Tycho...
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Happy Belated Birthday Tycho...
    Ditto
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

A very belated Happy Birthday Josh. Sorry, I have been very busy this past month. I did get to chat with you for over 2 hours though last week, that was nice!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Yes, happy belated wishes, Tycho...& many more!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Thanks guys!

It was a nice surprise from BobaFrett and jonthejedi, as I certainly wasn't expecting your birthday wishes now.

Yes Barry, we did have a great time visiting on the phone. How is the Cubs' lineup doing now? It looks like the Padres have completed their trading before Spring Training (I think). I've put the lineup into my Nintendo and I crushed Seattle, sweeping the Mariners! I play Texas next as I'm on Interleague in my team's schedule.

So maybe next time we'll have a "serious" baseball conversation. Meanwhile, Go Bears! They've earned this one.