Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Entertaiment Earth Mando Packs arrived...

And I have to say they kick butt! I am totally impressed, actually.

Even though both sets feature duplicate molds with different paint schemes, the "look" of these figures are amazing! The 2 Female Mando sculpts are top notch! The 2 Arc's look sweet next to a Shadow Clone Trooper, and the 4 Omega Squad troopers compliment their Republic Commando packs nicely! The Clone Troopers are done well, too!

Even though I opened mine the packaging is equally cool- I mean I was very surprised and impressed with these packs (though a couple of the male sculpts are obvious "borrows" from previous Jando/Boba Fett sculpts, the paint jobs make up for their lack of new features imho)

Is there another thread that deals with these or am I the only to get them and be awed by them so far?

I still don't have my Battlefront II Clone Trooper / Droid set- that arrive for anyone yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post

I still don't have my Battlefront II Clone Trooper / Droid set- that arrive for anyone yet?
    I got my Battlefront II set about two weeks ago. The clones are of mixed quality. I did a review in the Review section. The Droids aren't too cool.
    Galactic Barn Burner

I got mine the other day in the mail. While I am happy with them, I can't say I was blown away. The removable helmets were disappointing since on a few of them the helmets didn't come down far enough to cover the chin completely. Also the braids on the one female cause the backpack to fall off easily. I really don't know what I am going to do with this set. Hopefully they will put out a KOTOR comic pack with Carrick I can pit them against.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

The helmets not covering the chin is my only complaint over this set, and i gotta say over all i was impressed, and i hope for packs like this again in the future, but next time of actual star wars EU characters...

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Your helmets are not covering your chins?

Mine cover them just fine...but then again I opened mine so if you're talking about in package then I can see this as being a problem.

If you have opened them, try putting on the helmet chin-first then lowering onto the back of the figure's head. This usually keeps my chins covered and allows me to adjust the helmet on the figure so it looks "correct."

I'm still overjoyed with these figs but hey- that's me

Sinscia Fat'o, nice signature!

I believe the Mando characters in these sets were created with a future EU project in mind. I do know that Republic Commando: True colors has Rav Bralor in it with lines, and important job to do for Kal'buir and everything. Gilamar is mentioned.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I wish they had a set with only the mandalorian warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    Sinscia Fat'o, nice signature!

I believe the Mando characters in these sets were created with a future EU project in mind. I do know that Republic Commando: True colors has Rav Bralor in it with lines, and important job to do for Kal'buir and everything. Gilamar is mentioned.
    LOL, thank you!

I haven't opened this set up yet so it's good to know the masks fit on the figure. And thank you Phantom like menace i have been racking my mind for quite some time to figure out where Rav Bralor came from. I knew i heard that name from some where just didn't know where from.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Your helmets are not covering your chins?

Mine cover them just fine...but then again I opened mine so if you're talking about in package then I can see this as being a problem.

If you have opened them, try putting on the helmet chin-first then lowering onto the back of the figure's head. This usually keeps my chins covered and allows me to adjust the helmet on the figure so it looks "correct."

I'm still overjoyed with these figs but hey- that's me
    I've opened them. I haven't meesed with them that much so it may be that I wasn't trying hard enough but that was my initial reaction. I don't really see why it should be hard to put a helmet on or off so either way it will still irk me.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I learned some interesting info about the development of this set yesterday.

Apparently, the tan figure was initially supposed to be Kal Skirata, but when they showed Karen Traviss the figure, she said that it looked way to young to be Kal and she requested he be given another name.

Also, Rav Bralor was not only a "speaking" character in True Colors but she was mentioned in both Hard Contact and Triple Zero.

And finally, when EE and Hasbro were working on this set, they went to Traviss about possible names and she gave them a list of names (including Mij Gilamar, an anagram [with the addition of a letter] for Jim Gilmar, a friend of hers).
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06