Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Masters of the Universe 2009

[FONT=Arial]He-Man Returning to the Big Screen
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Source: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Variety[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]May 24, 2007[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Warner Bros. and producer Joel Silver are working with Mattel to turn "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" into a live-action film, reports Variety. Justin Marks is set to write the script. Silver will produce.

He-Man was born as a Mattel action figure, and the toymaker created an animated series in hopes of selling dolls. The series became a cult favorite, but the brand was hardly helped by its first big screen incarnation, the campy 1987 flop Masters of the Universe that starred Dolph Lundgren as the title character and Frank Langella as his nemesis Skeletor.

The franchise has been reimagined by the producer and the writers and pitched to Mattel as a classic good vs. evil battle, using the kind of visual effects strategy employed in 300. A warrior is touted as the last hope of a magical land called Eternia, which is being ravaged by technology and the evil Skeletor.

Many of the characters will be informed by the mythology created in the four different cartoon series done since the 1980s.
    [/FONT]

No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Come on writer's strike, kill this project dead!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Many of the characters will be informed by the mythology created in the four different cartoon series done since the 1980s.
    1) The original
    4) The wonderful relaunch that failed because Mattel shot the toyline straight to hell in a handbasket

That would make the really craptastic attempt at a revival from the late 80s either #2 or #3. Would the other be She-Ra?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It would be great in the style of 300. As long as it has MerMan I'm happy -haha.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Wow its cool that this is coming out 20 years ago when I was 10.
    Nicely done!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ok, what is the deal haters? Do you just not like MOTU or the really bad movie that came out in 1987. The original cartoon was corny but could have been better with more production which was realized in 2002 with the series that came out that Chux mentioned. If you have never seen it, it will certainly change your mind about the franchise.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

And it's finally coming to DVD in early March.

I already pre-ordered my copy.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I caught the first few episodes of the latest cartoon when it first aired, but that was it since it came on at a time that I was simply too busy during the day to watch, and lived in a house with 7 people all wanting to watch a different thing.

What I saw of it was awsome though.

I don't know about a live action movie. Sounds too much like they are trying to get in with the transformers re launch. But then, we got Joe, star wars, care bears, my little poney, teenage mutant ninja turtles . . . damn near everything except ghost busters has made a come back in the last 10 years or so. So why not He-man?

It is discourageing to see that the best they can make these days is re launches of old lines that are 20 and 30 years old. Some are actually pulled off rather well, but I'd like to see them make something NEW.

They do make new series, and they're mostly not very good. Stuff like Pokemon and Power Rangers.
    Tommy, close your eyes.