Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is up with AFA graded figures on HasbroToyShop.com

I see they started selling the Mcquarre Obi and Yoda and the Pink R2 as AFA graded. I really do not like the idea of selling AFA graded figures on there website. It could make hard figures to find even harder just because they want in on the AFA money.

Wow, this is a double edged sword, AFA is cool for hardcore "my toys are going to be worth money some day people", but then there are those people who could care less about their service, i wonder why hasbro would stoop down to that level...but it's hasbro and nothing surprises me with them concerned.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

They may be AFA graded prior to shipping, but anyone who knows HTS' shipping issues will know they may go out that way, but it is highly unlikely they will reach the consumer that way. Good luck. Oh, and why would anyone in their right mind pay $130 for a $7 figure that is already overpriced at $15/pop? The economy must be a lot better than it actually is....

I just think it's a joke, an excuse to squeeze out even more money out of collectors. For a real laugh, look at what sites like Toywiz charge for AFA graded figures.

I could give a flip about "graded" toys. I barely care if they're mint on card.

I don't get people buying this stuff as an investment. I open 90% of what I buy and the rest, like McQuarrie figures, I'm perfectly happy to keep one of each in the card, as long as the card is okay looking.
    Galactic Barn Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Luuuuuuke View Post
    I just think it's a joke, an excuse to squeeze out even more money out of collectors. For a real laugh, look at what sites like Toywiz charge for AFA graded figures.

I could give a flip about "graded" toys. I barely care if they're mint on card.

I don't get people buying this stuff as an investment. I open 90% of what I buy and the rest, like McQuarrie figures, I'm perfectly happy to keep one of each in the card, as long as the card is okay looking.
    That about sums it up for me too. Most of my stuff is opened (albeit carefully catalogued). What minimal stuff I have left carded I take good care of and don't need to pay someone to tell me if it's mint or not.

I've been collecting just as long as those who run AFA, I think I've got a good bead on if my stuff is in good condition.

Besides, I don't ever plan on selling off my collection. A few scant extras here and there, but not the majority of it. That will only happen when I die, so it won't matter to me. And I don't want to give whomever gets my collection the added headache of trying to sell a graded figure when there really isn't a huge market for it.
    Move along, move along

Yup, Hasbro wants to sell AFA graded figures, yet everything I order from them comes damaged. Usually from the packing monkeys they have working for them putting in too many airpacks and the figures bubbles are crushed.
    I've got some figures from Wave 8 arriving in a few days. I fully expect them damaged as usual. That's why I order them as extras to be opened.

How about just charging us maybe $1.00 extra so they can pay a supervisor in the shipping department.
    HTS what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Oh yeah? What's up with YOUR MOM?!?!?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Oh yeah? What's up with YOUR MOM?!?!?
    If your talking to me, she's DEAD Why?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I like graded stuff. I plan on getting my McQ's cased up in 2008 sometime, and I have gotten all my VOTC/VTSC/VTAC cased, as well as some of my more valuable/beloved vintage loose pieces. My insurance provider certainly thought it was wise when I audited my collection with them.

But I don't like this "style" of cases (the so-called Clearview.) I prefer the Classic view.

I don't see any harm in HTS selling these for the collector who wants them, so long as they maintain a supply of the same items ungraded. I think they have given everyone more than enough time to get the Obi-Wan and Yoda ungraded. (I'll bet these don't post until after the HOLIDAY20 code expires.)

And yes, HTS needs to take some packing and shipping classes from UPS. Something tells me they will taken more care with premium items like these; keep in mind that these McQ's would normally ship in the "Star Cases" anyway.