View Poll Results: Which is the best figure from TAC wave 5?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hermi Odle

34 47.22%
  • C-3PO & Salacious Crumb

1 1.39%
  • Roron Corobb

2 2.78%
  • Yoda & Kybuck

8 11.11%
  • Anakin Skywalker

1 1.39%
  • Darth Revan

5 6.94%
  • Darth Malak

1 1.39%
  • Pre-Cyborg Grievous

8 11.11%
  • Concept Starkiller Hero

12 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Best Figure of TAC - wave 5

Continuing with our "best figure of 2007" poll series...

Which figure do you consider the best from TAC (30th Anniversary Collection) basic wave 5?

Remember, you can use whatever criteria you wish, it's entirely up to you. Maybe you just like the coin, or you were glad to find it, or its articulation was perfect, or you found one painted flawlessly. Whatever makes it the best in your book is fair game.

When we get to the end of the line, we'll put the winners up against each other.

And if you haven't voted in the Wave 4 poll yet, it'll be open until the 15th.

Hard to believe, but I had to pick Pre-Cyborg Grievous over both Hermi and the Kybuck, two of my favorite figures. Aside from the lackluster C-3PO and the moronic Darth Luthor and Darth Cobra Commander, this was an amazing wave, one of the best of all time.

But that Grievous. Wow. I was going to pass on him like I had with Luthor and Cobra Commander, but just one look at him had me sold. That figure is absolutely beautiful.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I had to vote for Herme Odle.

1) SSG Figure-Never-Made-Before vote winner.

2) huge figure - though bigger is not necessarily better - it's just historically worked out that way with Star Wars figures.

That being said, Herme's paint application is a little cartoony instead of dark and homicidal which is more of how he appeared in "Return of the Jedi."

However, Wave 5 is definitely the best assortment shipped by Hasbro this year.

I had no plans to buy Yoda on the Kybuck, but it turned out pretty cool.

Roron Corob is fun though - yet I could've lived without him, too.

Pre-Cyborg Grievous was another that I never asked for, but as Chuxter pointed out - this was a brilliantly executed figure. I bought him for Tatooine diorama filler as "some other Kaleesh" (not the real Grievous). But he's just awesome to have.

I am not a KOTOR fan (I don't dislike it either - I've just never taken time to get into it and have no plans to) so the Sith Lords are nothing I asked for. That being said, I actually don't think they turned out that great. I didn't buy either of them.

Anakin? Well I'm sort of sick of Anakin figures. It's a little bit better than another shirtless Darth Maul Thanks, but no thanks. I skipped Anakin.

C-3PO is another that I'm surprised I bought. He turned out really good.

The Starkiller figure is just spectacular and great for use on multiple planet dioramas as a scene filling extra. I'm not a McQuarrie figure collector, but she turned out to be the most useful of all the McQuarrie offerings and was very well-made. I never asked for her, thus she is not winning my vote. But I went to a lot of trouble to get multiples of her and I'm very glad I did. But again, if they made "The Random Moisture Farmer Action Figure" I'd probably be equally excited, though I understand that has even less appeal to some of you than Wilrow Hood ICMG.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hermi Odle - Easy one for me. The figure that I've been looking forward to the most this year and he turned out great! Great sculpt, even though I agree with Tycho in that it seems that Hasbro tried to soften him up a bit. The best use of soft-goods I've ever seen in a 3 3/4" figure and a weapon that isn't made of overly soft, bendy plastic.

As for the rest of this wave, if I had any inclination at all to complete the coin album, this wave broke me of that. I just couldn't see buying so many non-movie figures just to fill out that album. Thus, Darth Revan, Roron Corob, Darth Malak, Yoda/Kybuck, pre-Borg Grievous and Anakin held absolutely no interest for me.

I bought the Threepio for the Salacious Crumb only and stuck the little Muppet on Ephant Mon.

The Starkiller Hero is the only real runner-up for me in this wave. She's a great figure, easily one of the best in recent years; but she's just no Hermi Odle.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This one wasn't even close for me. Hands down Hermi. I was suprised with the Yoda and whatever it is. I wasn't going to buy him, but when I saw the execution, I had to. I haven't opened up the package yet, but it looks awesome in the card. That's probably my 2nd favorite. When I first saw pics of 3PO I was really excited, until someone pointed out that to have his eye in the socket, you have a chunk of plastic hanging out the back. This could have been much better executed with 2 heads, but oh well. Didn't buy the Anakin and wasn't going to buy the Sith. I play KOTOR, but am not a big EU figure buyer...maybe just because they were new and different Sith than the same 4-5 we've had over the last 30 years (Vader, Palp, Maul, Dooku, ... more for my memory not for you guys, but I'm leaving it in). Anyway... Yoda is such a distant 2nd, he's almost in 3rd.

It's hard for me to vote on this wave (and all future waves) as I've got to wait till Christmas for them all. It already looks like Hermi will trounce all the opposition, but the two I'm most looking forward to are Grievous and Yoda. I'll probably change my mind later, but right now, the one I'm most excited about, and hence the one that gets my vote, is Yoda & Kybuck.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Hermi Odle, Grievous, and Yoda & Kybuck are all exceptional, but I chose Yoda & Kybuck.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

This was the hardest choice for me. I really liked the entire wave, head to toe. I picked Hermie just because, ya know, he's a huge, heavy, nasty, mouth cancer looking, hunchbacked critter. But I also loved the Yoda & Kybuck (love the back sheath and hoodie) and the Grevious, just for the sheer cool of it.

But Hermie, he's my No. 1 pick.

Also -- JT, will we doing the VTAC as part of these Wave polls?

I voted for Hermie. If you collect star wars figures, you have to love these new jabba palace and cantina figures. They are the diamond in the rough for me.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.