Thread: RIP Ike Turner

RIP Ike Turner

Most people will, sadly, remember him more for beating up Tina than for his music, but the man was a genius. He was one of the early architects of rock & roll (some would say he invented the genre), and kept going right up until the end.

Tommy, close your eyes.

Here's hoping there's 72 wives waiting for him to beat them in the sky.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

His piano on Gorillaz "Every Planet We reach is Dead" is superb.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    He was one of the early architects of rock & roll (some would say he invented the genre)
    You're thinking of Marty McFly.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What a tragedy. Nobody could beat a woman like Ike. RIP.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

RIP Ike.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    What a tragedy. Nobody could beat a woman like Ike. RIP.
    Did you catch the New York Post headline the day after he died? "Ike Beats Tina to Death."
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Did you catch the New York Post headline the day after he died? "Ike Beats Tina to Death."

No I didn't see that...funny stuff.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed