Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring

Found this Friday thanks to someone's post in Glendale CA.
    I had a $25 giftcard from buying Mario Galaxy Wii, so I thought I'd splurge. Although 29.99 was a better price. I don't like TRU's practice of raising prices ala Y wing, etc. Not that long ago they went bankrupt and closed a bunch of stores. You'd think they would want to sell product and be competitive.
    Oh well, enough rant.
    The box is 1 inch taller and 3 inches wider than the regular ships and the same width.
    Although the Starfighter fits the standard box (Kit Fisto), I don't think there would be enough room for the ring.
    I was hoping this would be released in a regular assortment reapainted, but the box would be different. It may fit in a box like Darth's Tie fighter though, which is deeper than the regular box. We'll see.
    There is a "display stand", but I almost threw it away. It is a clear molded piece of flimsy plastic (figure bubble quality) that has Star Wars molded on it. It holds the back end, while the ring rests on the ground. It is not quite tall enough though (1/2" too short).
    Still a cool toy, but not 35 dollars cool.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0192 small.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	16441

Name:	IMG_0194 small.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	16442

Name:	IMG_0196 small.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	16443

Name:	IMG_0197 small.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	16444

Thanks for the photos, that looks alright. The little stand may be cheap plastic, but it's cool they threw it in, gives it a "flying" look and makes it displayable since it wouldn't be without it.

The designers had 1 caveat when making this thing, the JSF had to be able to fit THROUGH the ring the way it does in the movie. Looks like they pushed that to the edge.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, it's definitely not designed for the novice pilot, the ship just barley makes it through the ring.
    You do have to be careful not to throw the stand away with the packaging. It could be an inch or 2 taller as well. It's not a snug fit either, it really barely balances in the groove of the stand.

I didn't think this would be out for about another month. Looks pretty good, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

i actually saw i think 2 or 3 at my local tru last night. Looks cool, but passed on it sense i was buying like 16 figures or so. Didnt wanna spend all my extra money all at once.

Can you pour drinks from that ship stand? This would be an excellent opportunity to have Hasbro make a Star Wars wine glass!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

To be honest, I was hoping this would be about 20% bigger. I look at the Titanium Series version and it's nearly perfect because it's so big. This is a runt by comparison and just not as easy to get excited about. I may buy it if it looks appealing in person and I can't find any other SW to get at the time, but I haven't rushed out and bought it since I saw this thread, that's for sure.

BTW Toydarian, I just noticed, the ring is attached upside-down on your last photo, the open end of the clamps goes on the underside of the ship, not the top. You're in good company though, Hasbro did the same thing in their display at Celebration IV this summer, I had to point it out to them so they could go fix it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This looks nice, but I like the newer style Jedi Starfighters the best. I hope they come out with one for those as well.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    BTW Toydarian, I just noticed, the ring is attached upside-down on your last photo, the open end of the clamps goes on the underside of the ship, not the top. You're in good company though, Hasbro did the same thing in their display at Celebration IV this summer, I had to point it out to them so they could go fix it.
    Thanks JediTricks, I hadn't even noticed. When I set it up, it was about 3 in the morning. I think I looked at one of the box pics showing the ring "clamps" and didn't register the fact it was showing the bottom of the ship. Fits much better now!
    Still a pain to balance on that stand though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Can you pour drinks from that ship stand? This would be an excellent opportunity to have Hasbro make a Star Wars wine glass!
    I think that is the best solution! Starfighter in one hand, glass of merlot in the other. I've always wanted an excuse to get these...
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/s...set-167147.php

Quote Originally Posted by K M Toydarian View Post

I think that is the best solution! Starfighter in one hand, glass of merlot in the other. I've always wanted an excuse to get these...
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/s...set-167147.php
    Hahahaha. That is priceless! Too funny. And it's real, right?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.