Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hitman

Hitman

I don't think you should waste your time. I didn't understand some of the plot - or there wasn't a good plot to understand.

There is a lot of action, but some of it is filmed in such a shaky camera or quick-to-pan-or-zoom shots, that it's also not so easy to follow.

Still there are cool things about the film and the lead assassin's character that are pretty cool.

Still, as a writer, the movie gave me ideas of how to serve my own story better than what had been done here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I should retitle this thread "Michael Bay's Transformers", change the word "assassin" in the 3rd paragraph to "robot" and we're sewed up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediTricks (and El Chuxter) you have been unfair to Michael Bay on countless occasions. "Hitman" was not even a Bay movie, and yet you broke all the forum rules and personally attacked Mr. Bay. How do you think he'd feel when he put forward all that effort to rediscover the Camaro and all you guys can think of doing is chewing him out over a movie he didn't even make?

I hope you don't have Autobot or Decepticon logos on your automobiles because you do not deserve the honor of displaying them!*

I say this with the full authority as the nerd that I am!

*OK, Chuxter kind of gets a pass for finding me Optimus Prime, but I got him Starscream so we're even.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JediTricks (and El Chuxter) you have been unfair to Michael Bay on countless occasions. "Hitman" was not even a Bay movie, and yet you broke all the forum rules and personally attacked Mr. Bay. How do you think he'd feel when he put forward all that effort to rediscover the Camaro and all you guys can think of doing is chewing him out over a movie he didn't even make?

I hope you don't have Autobot or Decepticon logos on your automobiles because you do not deserve the honor of displaying them!*

I say this with the full authority as the nerd that I am!

*OK, Chuxter kind of gets a pass for finding me Optimus Prime, but I got him Starscream so we're even.
    Mr Bay probably does not care one bit, he didn't with Transwhat-ever it was that my son (love it) & I (detested it) saw so I feel he'd pay no attention to this as well.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Mr. Bay. How do you think he'd feel when he put forward all that effort to rediscover the Camaro and all you guys can think of doing is chewing him out over a movie he didn't even make?
    Don't forget, Michael Bay discovered Transformers rotting away unused in a garbage dump about to be crushed into a cube too before realizing what it really was good for, a vessel turning into his alien invasion family franchise film. Transformers at that time hadn't been one of the top selling toy brands for the past 7 years or anything with a brand that had been consistently expanding.

Puh-lease! That fool didn't "rediscover" the Camaro, the concept Camaro was going to be HUGE before that chimp even saw one, the 2006 LA Auto Show had a massive crowd around the concept car and it wasn't even the thing's first auto show appearance. Mattel and Jada Toys both designed fantastic versions before Bay took the Bumblebee character and misappropriated it into a Chevy Camaro. You don't even deserve to breath the exhaust that comes out of the '09 Camaro if you think for 1 second that Bay is what made that car popular. What makes that car popular is its beautiful lines and modern-classic design, not some hack movie director being bribed to put it in his awful movie.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Re: Hitman.

Got a free pass to see it with 'Live Free or Die Hard', didn't care. Looked craptastic.

Usually I'm not one to throw a free movie ticket away.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Damn right the Camaro Concept was going full tilt boogie before Transformers was even an itch in Bay's pants. I'm one of the REAL Camaro fans who was into the car before the movie even came out. So a round kiss my buhttocks to the posers into the car AFTER the movie came out.

No kidding! You can usually tell them from the real fans of the car because they want it in yellow with black stripes, they're not impressed with the concept's original beautiful silver. What they really want is an '06 Pontiac GTO redressed to look like this car (apparently, the wheels are actually covers, including the brake rotors which have no calipers, just one more poseur thing about it).

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    No kidding! You can usually tell them from the real fans of the car because they want it in yellow with black stripes, they're not impressed with the concept's original beautiful silver. What they really want is an '06 Pontiac GTO redressed to look like this car.
    I wouldn't mind having a Bumblebee look alike but my ideal Camaro is Blue with White Stripes. I have the Camaro hat that looks like the car. My hat is Lemans Blue like with Camaro by Chevrolet on the front and the rally stripes on top of the bill.

This is a funny discussion. Very entertaining.

Seriously, does it matter why somebody decides to like the car (or whatever)? So the F what if Michael Bay directed a movie that used a product placement product as the hero(car)? Chevrolet has many avenues to market their product and movies have always been one of them for many corporations.

Having a pi**ing contest to say that "real fans" liked the car before a movie came out is ludicrous. Maybe those later fans don't loiter around the Hot Rod magazine rack at the local 7-11.

I mean, what if the car was featured in a really great movie, say, directed by Martin Scorcese? Would that be acceptable or is this just about knocking fans of Transformers for also liking a car that the "cool kids" were into before the movie?