Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation RS: The 411 - Hasbro's 2008 Rumored Plans!! (BAF Droid?!)

Hope the Mods don't mind this. RS posted up what we're likely to see in 2008.

A Star Wars 'Droid Factory' Build-A-Figure? I bet it's the big flying droid from AotC!
    The 411: Hasbro's 2008 Plans
    Posted by D_Martin on December 16, 2007 at 03:24 PM CST:

As we know, Lucasfilm will be releasing the first three episodes of their new Clone Wars Animated Epic theatrically in the late summer before it begins on television. Hasbro will be ready with the following:

Clone Wars 3 ¾” Basic Figures
    Needless to say, based on the very warm reception the character designs have received from the Star Wars collecting community, this is a line that will be very successful. While we can expect to see 17 figures in 2008, don’t be surprised to find even more coming out after that.

Clone Wars Clone Trooper Helmet
    This roll playing helmet will feature a voice amplifier and pre-recorded phrases from the show. It will be package in an interactive try Me box.

Clone Wars Ultimate Lightsabers
    Basically, a repackaged, and possibly retooled build-your-own Lightsaber set. Packaged in a clone Wars themed window box.

The Force Unleashed Basic Figure Assortment
    The other big sub-collection for 2008 will be Force Unleashed. Based on what we’ve seen so far, this collection will not let us down in design or character variety. Beyond what we’ve seen, collectors can expect additional waves to be released throughout the year.

Star Wars 3 ¾” Basic Figures Assortment
    Pushing the action figure pack ins in an altogether new direction, Hasbro will be offering the first build-a-figure promotion in the 3 3/4 “ basic line. The Droid Factory waves is currently planned to include 30 figures in 2008, each with an additional piece that together will create one big droid. Let the speculation begin on this one.

Star Wars Evolution Packs
    The popular Evolutions collection is finally coming back in 2008, and we couldn’t be happier. While there have been a lot of rumours as to what could possibly come out, all we can say at this time is that Hasbro is currently planning 8 different sets for 2008.

Star Wars Comic Two packs
    For 2008, collectors should be seeing 15 new two packs. Following the themes we’ve seen so far, chances are good most, if not all, will be based on the modern comics.

Star Wars Battle Packs
    Hasbro wants to give us 18 new 3 ¾” action figure Battle Packs in the new year.

Star Wars 3 ¾” scale Vehicles Assortments
    Now here’s some exciting news that should get Star Wars collectors excited for 2008…

Star Wars 3 ¾” Vehicle Basic Assortment
    For 2008, Hasbro plans on releasing 10 icon vehicles.

Star Wars AT-TE
    This bad boy is going to be big. Packaged for the Clone Wars Series, Collectors can expect to see a vehicle with lights and sounds that can fit no less than 20 clone troopers!

Star Wars Millenium Falcon
    You’ve demanded it, and Hasbro will deliver! (Assuming enough retailers order this at Toy Fair). The current plan is a retooled Falcon that cannot only has lights, sounds, and firing missiles, it also has character sound bites and can fit 20 figures! Want to insure this one happens? Here’s the soundest advice in the world: Ask your local retailers to get it and buy it at full price when it comes out. Waiting for large vehicles to hit discount will close the large vehicle and playset opportunities forever

Galactic Heroes Two Pack Assortment
    This line will explode with another 28 two packs planned for the new year.

Galactic Heroes Vehicle Assortment
    There are currently 5 vehicles planned for 2008.

Star Wars Roll Play Blasters Assortment
    Hasbro will be repackaging their Clone Trooper, Rebel Soldier, and General Grievous blasters in the new year.

Exclusives
    Amongst the exclusives being offered in 2008, collectors should be on the look out for the following:

The Force Unleashed Jungle Rancor Battle Pack
    Jabba’s Palace Rancor Battle Pack
    Jabba’s Skiff Guards Battle Pack
    The Force Unleashed Battle Pack
    Aayla Secura Jedi Starfighter
    Clone Wars Battle Pack

Beyond that, collectors can also expect 18 new Unleashed Battle Packs, some new Star Wars Transformers, and 5 waves of Mighty Muggs that will give us 22 figures in 2008.

Head on over to Cool Toy Review to see what Hasbro is planning for their G.I. Joe, Indiana Jones, Transformers, and Marvel Comics lines.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ans_110912.asp
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The big flying droid from AOTC (that catches C-3PO) would be very cool!

Clone Wars 3 ¾” Basic Figures
    Needless to say, based on the very warm reception the character designs have received from the Star Wars collecting community, this is a line that will be very successful. While we can expect to see 17 figures in 2008, don’t be surprised to find even more coming out after that.
    I don't think I'll buy 17 figures. There are some I won't need:

Anakin (except perhaps a single-carded figure of him from the Jedi v. Sith pack)
    Obi-Wan (except in Clone Trooper Armor)
    Yoda
    Mace
    Many of the Jedi I already have: Roron Corob, Voolvif Monn, etc.

I'd likely ONLY go for figures-never-made-before.

The Force Unleashed Basic Figure Assortment
    The other big sub-collection for 2008 will be Force Unleashed. Based on what we’ve seen so far, this collection will not let us down in design or character variety. Beyond what we’ve seen, collectors can expect additional waves to be released throughout the year.
    I'll buy characters I can use for my existing dioramas, such as randoms in Club Outlander and on the streets of Coruscant. I don't think I'm going to get into the whole Force Unleashed hype. But time will tell.
    Star Wars 3 ¾” Basic Figures Assortment
    Pushing the action figure pack ins in an altogether new direction, Hasbro will be offering the first build-a-figure promotion in the 3 3/4 “ basic line. The Droid Factory waves is currently planned to include 30 figures in 2008, each with an additional piece that together will create one big droid. Let the speculation begin on this one.
    Crap. The next Darth Vader figure they release will likely contain the droid's head or something. I won't count on being able to complete this build-a-droid figure then. I didn't collect the coins and I'm not likely to go for this gimmick. As a stockholder though, I applaud the strategy. Uh yeah guys: you SHOULD buy all the pieces....

Star Wars Evolution Packs
    The popular Evolutions collection is finally coming back in 2008, and we couldn’t be happier. While there have been a lot of rumours as to what could possibly come out, all we can say at this time is that Hasbro is currently planning 8 different sets for 2008.
    3 repeats, 2005's Sith, Anakin, and Clones - no thanks.
    Padme - yes, you hope!
    C-3PO - that's one rumor I've heard - and no thank you if true.
    Imperial Pilots? - I don't know. V-wing, TIE, and Baron Fel? That has possibilities.
    Sith Evolutions #2 (with Bane) - no, but I might try to buy Bane by himself
    Mandalorian Evolution - no Fetts, just Mandalore
    Jedi Evolution - Baltar and Luke, cool - Qui-Gon, no thanks

Star Wars Comic Two packs
    For 2008, collectors should be seeing 15 new two packs. Following the themes we’ve seen so far, chances are good most, if not all, will be based on the modern comics.
    There are some I'm very excited about, but others I've heard rumored that I will not buy. We'll see how this evolves.

Star Wars Battle Packs
    Hasbro wants to give us 18 new 3 ¾” action figure Battle Packs in the new year.
    Whatever floats their boat. I rarely buy battle packs.

Star Wars 3 ¾” scale Vehicles Assortments
    Now here’s some exciting news that should get Star Wars collectors excited for 2008…

AT-AP - I want 3!
    Homing Spider Droid - I want 4!
    Grievous' Fighter - I want 1
    V-19 Torrent - I want 2!

I bet you many of the rest will be re-releases and repaints. We already heard about Aayla Secura's starfighter. No thank you. But that would make 5 different vehicles right there.

6. A-wing re-release
    7. white repaint of TIE Bomber or Interceptor, or Vader TIE
    8. N1 re-release
    9. Geonosian Fighter re-release
    10. Droid Tri-Fighter re-release

The Above is SARCASTIC speculation

I am not expecting things we really would get excited for like:

Gungan Submarine
    Padme's star yacht (from either movie)
    Clone Swamp Speeder
    Wookiee Catamaran
    etc.

(the AT-TE is covering the large vehicle category I'd think, as might the Falcon. Other large vehicles that we will not be getting re-releases of, I think, are the AT-AT, the Imperial Shuttle, the Naboo Royal Starship, and the Republic Gunship. The TurboTank will have to wait for another year I presume).

Star Wars AT-TE
    This bad boy is going to be big. Packaged for the Clone Wars Series, Collectors can expect to see a vehicle with lights and sounds that can fit no less than 20 clone troopers!
    Somewhere, JediMasterSal just passed out!

I'll take 2. I hope they re-release the AT-TE Gunner figure. I am not going to buy 40 Clones for my 2 vehicles however. I'll just display it with the doors shut. But uh, you guys go on and get 20 clones per vehicle....

Star Wars Millenium Falcon
    You’ve demanded it, and Hasbro will deliver! (Assuming enough retailers order this at Toy Fair). The current plan is a retooled Falcon that cannot only has lights, sounds, and firing missiles, it also has character sound bites and can fit 20 figures! Want to insure this one happens? Here’s the soundest advice in the world: Ask your local retailers to get it and buy it at full price when it comes out. Waiting for large vehicles to hit discount will close the large vehicle and playset opportunities forever
    "Re-tooled?" It would be best were it completely RE-DONE. We want a 4 seat cockpit, right?

When were there ever 20 people on board the Falcon anyway? In ANH, on the Death Star...

1. Han (replaced by Lando during Bespin escape)
    2. Chewie
    3. Ben (replaced by Leia during the escape)
    4. Luke
    5. C-3PO
    6. R2D2
    7. Stormtrooper who couldn't find the droids they were looking for
    8. Stormtrooper following the fool he followed in (also known as "You Down There," or TK421 Not At His Post.

When Lando flew against the Death Star in ROTJ, there were also probably only 6 aboard.

Since these figures already fit in the Falcon we have, and all in the back in a diorama I made aboard her, we can put 2 more in the cockpit - that's 10, I in the gunner chair, that's 11 total. Mabye 2 if we used and covered the smuggling compartment - that's 13. And you could make it fit 20 if you put everyone in there shoulder-to-shoulder.

However, if Hasbro wants us to be impressed with this toy, maybe it is a totally re-done Falcon from a new mold? That would be awesome!

Galactic Heroes Two Pack Assortment
    This line will explode with another 28 two packs planned for the new year.
    Hmm. There are already a few I don't plan on buying - like Order 66 Galactic Heroes. If Jabba and Bib Fortuna come out, JarJar and Qui-Gon, etc. packed without having to buy the current exclusive cinema scenes, then I'll be quite happy.

Galactic Heroes Vehicle Assortment
    There are currently 5 vehicles planned for 2008.
    Hmm. Re-leases could take it up to 5: X-wing, N-1, convertable landspeeder, convertable sandcrawler or whatever it was, and the Falcon.

If they're all-new, we could get:

TIE Fighter
    Slave-One
    Republic Gunship
    AT-AT
    ARC 170 or others! This could be cool!

I may be spending some money.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Aayla's Star Fighter...I guess I know which ship i will be buying in 08...(I only buy one a year). If this Falcon is redone to have gunner stations, smugglers compartments, engine room, cockpit that holds four people...i'm on board and will buy this thing...

As for the BAF. It's about time, i wonder which droid it could be, i'm expecting that really, really big spider/crab droid from AOTC, though i could be wrong since the droids like this don't really excite me as much (At least the PT ones)

Damn Hasbro and their Exclusives! Damn them straight to hell!!! I want all of those.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

I'm not holding my breath on a lot of this stuff, a Falcon that hold 20 figures is most likely a rumour or someones sick idea of a joke. Same applies to the AT-TE. I would buy one Falcon however if it were totally re-done & possibly 3 AT-TE's if they were done right. It all seems a little too good to be true, if you know what I mean.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

1. AT-TE
    2. Millenium Falcon
    3. Homing Spider Droid
    4. V-19 Torrent Fighter
    5. Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter
    6. General Grievous' Starfighter
    7. AT-AP
    8. Obi-Wan's Blue Jedi Starfighter Rerelease
    9. Anakin's Green Jedi Starfighter Rerelease
    10.?

I'm pretty excited about the possibility of an "All-New" Falcon. The revelation that the AT-TE has shown up in Target computers is also interesting, and corroborates what we're reading here. All in all, this is a plausible bit of news.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

BattleDroid, I wondered about the vehicles and whether they'd have more Classic OT vehicles in the mix, thus balancing it a little.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A Falcon that can hold 20 figures? What... they're putting lights on the old carrying case?

This all sounds fantastic, but I bet much of it goes under the heading of "too good to be true." I really can't see them doing two giant vehicles in one year, and any all-new Falcons better be damn fantastic.

There are quite a few typos in the descriptions, so it's hard to tell just what some of them mean. For instance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelscum
    The Droid Factory waves is currently planned to include 30 figures in 2008, each with an additional piece that together will create one big droid.
    I assume they meant "are" instead of "is" unless there's going to be a giant 30-figure wave? At any rate, this could be cool. I hope it's not the droid from the factory that you guys have mentioned; I never liked the design of that one very much, it's very "Duplo" to me. A build-a-figure thing will be more interesting than coins or holograms, though.

As for the 10 vehicles, I wonder how many will be new and how many will be old and or/repaints?

I never got the Rancor the first time, so the Battle Pack could be cool. But, then again, what would they put in there? The most recent Luke and a Gamorrean Guard is all I can think of. If that's the case then I'll just track down the old one, since I'll still need the Luke anyway.

I thought I remember them saying that they wanted to release the skiff again in the next few years, and the Skiff Guards Battle Pack would be a good way to do this (in Ultra format). It'll probably mostly be re-releases but I'm sure it'll make BigBarada happy.

Again, though, I bet that most of this is wishful thinking.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Well it looks like they are possibly putting more out next year than this year so I think I will wait and see what I will buy. I don't really need another Falcon. I have two already. It would have to really blow me away. AT-TE will be a must have. Hopefully 20 Battlepacks will involve a lot I can pass on as usual. As for the build a figure idea, I can't think of any I would want and having to commit to buying 17 figures to get one is pretty lame because you know they are going to plop a Vader and Obi Wan in there.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22