Star Trek proto/test shot ship

Don't know what to make of this auction:
    USS Enterprise 1701-A Starship NEW In box. Your read right part of the inital Quality control shipment and put in storage. This unit did not yet have the correct Die cut on the package as we were figuring out how we wanted to dispaly the warp nacelles to the top panel does not have the windowed Nacelle display.Check my other auctions and feedbacks for the validity of this claim. This version has the pleasant muted aqua blue great deflector radial detail, not the metallic version. BATTERIES STILL HAVE FULL CHARGE. put into storage after recieving item. BOx condition is new, small divet on the back, no breaks in the top layer of UV coated box paper. Never opened.

Oh yeah, eBay auction

I thought one of you proto nuts might be interested... I don't collect this line... or protos, for that matter.

Does anyone have a clue if this is totally bogus or not? I had to laugh... I could do better with a pair of dull garden shears cutting out the saucer section.

And blue is such a pleasant deflector colour. Wasn't someone talking about exactly this issue on here recently? Hmmm... might have been another ship. Well, there's no pic so we'll have to take his word, I guess.

If it's legit, this must be pretty early on in the packaging design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1701-wb-1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	16448  
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

This is a DST toy but it doesnt look like a prototype it's full painted. When AA was making 1701-A they made a lighter blue clear deflector instead of the heavy painted version now.

At first I thought this was a thread for the Enterprise in the upcoming movie....Errr.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

This is dubious at best, the box shape isn't that similar to what we finally got, there's a completed ship rather than a test shot, and there's nothing really to say it's anything other than a random box on an awesome toy they bought. However, weird stuff like this has come out in the past, but since we're talking about a real nothing entry, it'd be worth about $30 to $50 depending ENTIRELY on the value of the ship itself.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.