Hybrid View

TFU wave info up on Starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/s...s20071219.html

Just thought I'd post the link...
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Wow, they're jumping the gun on these, i figured these wouldn't be out until spring so why hype them up now? What i mean is the average collector already knows about them, and has more than likely based their opinions whether they are getting these figures or not.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

(Battle-Damaged) S***-Kicked-Out-Of-Him-P**** Darth Vader: A fierce battle with the newfound Rebel Alliance aboard the Death Star has pushed Darth Vader to the brink of defeat. Beaten and broken, the Dark Lord of the Sith is the closest he's come to death since Obi-Wan Kenobi defeated him on the burning shores of Mustafar.
    So that immense amount of damage is supposed to be due to the space battle in ANH? Huh?

Unless part of the history of the Death Star involves Rebels infiltrating it and fighting Vader. Which is dumb.

In any case, it looks like it's not Palpatine who put such a hurting on Vader, so it's officially a stupid idea again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    So that immense amount of damage is supposed to be due to the space battle in ANH? Huh?
    It sounds to me like it was just another battle on the Death Star, several years before ANH. Which doesn't make sense, since the rebels didn't know about it until ANH, right . . . ? Unless everyone in this attack died. Whatever.

I can tell Vader's cape is going to tear easily, what with the giant gaping hole in the side.

Maris's arm articulation is junky, but I like the blood on her fingers (if that's what it is; insert dirty joke here).

These figures look pretty good. Hopefully the source material doesn't suck.

The more EU comes out now, the more forced and ridiculous it gets. Vader beaten like that is okay in a game. But not in the "canon" version of how things go down.

I see they changed the name of Buts'Echs. I wonder why?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I like the female officer more now that she's dressed more "traditionally" . The quality of these looks good, but the designs are a little silly. The Samurai Jedi and Lady Dark Jedi are way, way out there and don't appeal to me at all.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008