Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Check out these pics!

http://starwars.com/collecting/featu...0/indexp2.html
    Go to the address above to see AWSOME pics from Toy Fair!!!
    "Impossible is what Rogues do best."
    -Corran Horn

Thumbs up Bueno!

Very nice. Did anyone notice that the new yellow astronomech droid doesn't seem to have the same silver dome? It almost looks transparent.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

Re: Bueno!

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    Very nice. Did anyone notice that the new yellow astronomech droid doesn't seem to have the same silver dome? It almost looks transparent.
    I believe the droid was meant to have the transparent dome from what I've seen and heard
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: Re: Bueno!

Originally posted by GNT
    I believe the droid was meant to have the transparent dome from what I've seen and heard
    Exactly, thats why it's designated an R3 unit. They all have clear domes, they also have appeared a few times in the original trilogy. There is an R3 unit on the first death star in the background while Obi-Wan is sneaking thru the corridors. Another R3 unit appears in the rebel base on hoth. Astromechs so far are designated by 5 series. R1 (The big black droid in the Jawa sale in ANH), R2 (R2-D2 etc. ), R3 (Transparent domed astromechs), R4 (Conelike domes - R4-M9), R5 (Flat topped - R5-D4).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Re: Re: Bueno!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Exactly, thats why it's designated an R3 unit. They all have clear domes, they also have appeared a few times in the original trilogy. There is an R3 unit on the first death star in the background while Obi-Wan is sneaking thru the corridors. Another R3 unit appears in the rebel base on hoth. Astromechs so far are designated by 5 series. R1 (The big black droid in the Jawa sale in ANH), R2 (R2-D2 etc. ), R3 (Transparent domed astromechs), R4 (Conelike domes - R4-M9), R5 (Flat topped - R5-D4).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Actually there are more. R6 units were developed after Endor, and were a more efficiant remake of the R2 units. R7 units were made for the e-wingg fighters, and luke had r7-t1 while flying an e-wing.
    "Impossible is what Rogues do best."
    -Corran Horn

See the clear dome in these shots I just put up:

http://systems.figures.com/Features/...ss&domain_id=5

http://systems.figures.com/Features/...ss&domain_id=5

This is a great-looking feature! I've been asking Hasbro to do this for a long time, and here it is. Killer!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yea, Djas Puhr. Finally some CLASSICS that we want.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Talking oooh.....

Oh, I forgot that little detail about the R3 thing... Maybe I should have paid more attention to my Essential Guide to Droids book......
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I love it, I love it I love, I love IT(Saturday night Live quote) But I really do love it! As a liitle kid I remember seeing this clear guy and going WOW I hope they make him. 20 years later I finaly get him. Now thats KILLER
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

For some reason, anything mechanical or electrical with a clear or translucent casing scares the crap out of me. Why would anyone put something inside a clear shell? Why do you care what goes on inside the casing. If you're that curious, go read "The Way Things Work." I had this playstation controller that had a translucent green case, and I could see the things moving around inside, then it broke for some reason unknown. When I opened it up to fix it, I found a substance that I think was strawberry jelly inside.... nevermind.

Yeah, definately another cool droid, even though I'm not a droid fan, I'll pick this guy up.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."