Retro Review of Large Size Boba Fett

Happy New Year!

Alright now thats out of the way. When I started my website I wanted to not only do reviews of new stuff, but I wanted to go back and do "retro reviews". These would be reviews of older stuff that just isn't on the primary market anymore.

I don't know if it was the fact I didn't really do any of those last year, or the holidays making me sentimental, but I finally finished my retro review of the Vintage Large Size Boba Fett. I remember getting Large Size figures for at least one Christmas. I don't know if Boba was one of them, but he could have been.

So to start 2008 here's the review:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews..._boba_fett.asp

Enjoy!
    Engineernerd

Man, I don't remember that thing being so "meh", and I saw it in package a bunch of times last summer in person.

Nice find on that commercial, they dialed up the kids and the voice-over guy like crazy though, but at least Fett found his bounty - a giant space dog.

The pistol is accurate in that Fett wears it in ESB, it's on a holster on the back of his right hip, but he doesn't draw it in the film, instead he uses a larger rifle. The pistol - with holster - is also found on the Hasbro 300th Boba Fett figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I knew he had the pistol, I just wasn't sure how close it actually matched the film version. I had found this after the fact showing it was closer than what I thought:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=...&item_id=48814

The last picture is pretty cool, any vintage collector will recognize the pose.

Wow, great find, they reused that shot on the VOTC card too, so I can just look over my shoulder to that to see the shot... and there it is being photographed 29 years ago!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.