View Poll Results: Which is the worst figure from 2007?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi (wave 1)

10 17.24%
  • Luke Yavin (wave 2)

12 20.69%
  • M'iiyoom Onith (wave 4)

3 5.17%
  • C-3PO & Salacious Crumb (wave 5)

2 3.45%
  • Anakin Nelvanna (wave 5)

3 5.17%
  • Darth Malak (wave 5)

5 8.62%
  • Lando Smuggler (wave 6)

3 5.17%
  • Anakin Spirit (wave 7)

12 20.69%
  • Padme Amidala (wave 8)

8 13.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst Figure of TAC - part 1/2

Now that you've decided which figures are the best from the TAC (30th Anniversary Collection), let's start off the new year finding out which figure of 2007 is the absolute worst. There were plenty of bad figures to choose from, and the wave-by-wave votes in the polls made it easy to spot them, but some of those were merely unpopular rather than bad so a little editorial discretion has been applied (for example, no mere repaints in the list).

This poll is cut up into 2 halves, don't forget to vote in the other half to give your true feelings on the matter.

When both polls finish, the top 4 from each will run off against each other to decide the ultimate worst figure from the line.

Easy one, Ghost Hayden from wave 7. You can see what they were going for, but the execution was just horrible. You have to wonder why someone at Hasbro didn't just stop and say, "Hey guys, did you not notice that this looks like crap?" at some point.

Although, I would actually be a little more forgiving of this figure if it had been Sebastian Shaw's likeness.

It sucks that Yavin Luke made it to this poll, he's one of my favorite figures from 2007.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Obi-Wan Kenobi (wave 1): Useless turd. Of course, it's just the Pilot Obi-Wan that's sucked for over a year, this time with (woo) an aquata breather.

Luke Yavin (wave 2): Definitely a contender. This figure sucks more than the entire fleet of Hoovers produced in the past decade.

M'iiyoom Onith (wave 4): Great figure. Just not up to par with the rest.

C-3PO & Salacious Crumb (wave 5): A little boring, and with a silly action feature, but not bad.

Anakin Nelvanna (wave 5): This one was excellent; the only drawback was the incorrect pants color.

Darth Malak (wave 5): Again, more boring than anything else. It looks pretty accurate to the pictures I've seen, which look like boring butt.

Lando Smuggler (wave 6): Not as bad as people make it out to be. More mediocre than "worst."

Anakin Spirit (wave 7): Even my wife said this one looked "gay." And she's not one to use that word lightly. This figure is truly bad.

Padme Amidala (wave 8): Hey! This is the best likeness Hasbro's ever gotten on a figure! Too bad it's Christopher Lambert and not Natalie Portman.

This is a tough call for me, between Ghost of Haydakin and Wendy the Retard in Yavin Luke Disguise. I need to give it thought.

Sorry, BigB, I hate that figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I voted for Anakin Spirit. What a horrid figure. I returned the one I got from a case order to the nearest retailer, thats how bad it was.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Obi Wan was a waste of a slot, just another way to keep the same great sculpt with a little retool out on the market, great figure just not again for the TAC.

Luke Yavin...Hmmm this figure is actually really good.

Miiyoom, the sculpt needed a little work, but for a character that has like .3 micro seconds of screen time...what can you expect, other wise not a bad figure, just not a bad figure.

3P0 and Crumb, this wasn't the endor threepio, but it wasn't bad, it's actually a really good diorama piece.

Clone Wars Anakin..This figure was a great figure, what's the deal with great figures being slammed?

Lando (Smuggler), it looks like crap in the package, and the eyes are a little rolled back, but it's a decent figure, just not a great figure.

Malak, i actually like this figure, i hate the character, but i like the figure, i think for what hasbro had to work with they done really great with this one...he's on the list because he's EU isn't he! Got ya.

Anakin (Ghosts), hadn't anyone noticed Anakin does look like MArtha Stewart! So the likeness is deadon, but seriously i like the figure i hope to see more in this style for the ghosts.

Padme, this figure was just lame, who wants Portman in bondage gear? Hmm...Don't answer that...but this one was the loser in my opinion because she only catered to niche collectors. Which i'm one of so...that should say how much Padme figures suck...

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Obi Wan was good as the pilot figure, which is essentially what this is. He was the best 2005. But giving him the oral-orafice was not going to do him any favors.

Luke Yavin...This figure comes with cancer, and possibly leprosy though I didn't buy one to open the package. You get terrible value and he doesn't even include Anthrax to help you get your money's worth.

Miiyoom, had to be made. She wasn't going to be exciting anyway. But I'm glad she's done and thus not requiring a petition to get her made.

3P0 and Crumb, This was a fun piece actually.

Clone Wars Anakin..Now are they going to make a Michael Jackson figure to go with him, or are you supposed to make your diorama with the Orafice-Obi-Wan? Alright. Yeah. That makes sense.

Lando (Smuggler), There aren't many Landos that could be done and this was necessary. It just could have been executed better.

Malak, I'm not into KOTOR, so who am I to judge?

Anakin (Ghosts), I think adding him to the Orafice-Obi-Wan and topless Anakin figure in a threesome diorama would make an excellent tribute to the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Padme, - I was really glad to get her actually. Her face sculpt could have been better though.

Luke Yavin is by far the worst here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I voted for Darth Malak. I don't think any of these figures are real, true stinkers on par with Holiday Vader or Droid Factory R2-D2, but Malak is my least favorite here.

I definitely seem to be in the minority, but I don't think Anakin and Padmé are that bad. I would've preferred a darker cloak for Anakin to have his arms covered better, but it's not horrible.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I went for Obi-Wan.

Yes, it's just a re-issue of the pilot figure with a big yap and something to stick in it, but as Sinscia Fat'o pointed out, it was a waste of a slot in the line. Re-using that pilot figure yet again in such a shabby way was not the best impression to make in the line's first assortment.

As for the rest of the entries, i know everyone's pounding on Ghost Ani, but my thought is at least they tried something different...it may not be successful to many folks, but it wasn't just another re-hash. Padme? I kinda like her...she isn't any "worse" than earlier versions of her in long gowns has been. Yavin Luke? A better head scuplt would've helped. M'iiyoom Onith...just another odd-looking cantina alien...not bad to me. C3P0 and S.Crumb...well, what else can they do with Threepio they haven't done theme-wise? My issue with him wasn't the play feature, it was the too-clean deco for the scene he was made for. Lando (Smuggler Attire)...not bad, just plain, but ok. Darth Malak...not a bad figure for what he is, i just don't care for the un-SW design of him.
    And finally, Temp Tat Ani? Looks alright. pants are awfully bright, but for bare-chested, articulated figure, he's actually pretty good.

Obi-Wan gets my vote. I have never been all that impressed with the sculpt to begin with, and this one is no different. I probably didn't hate it as much as others, but I don't like it as much as the others in this poll.

I've yet to see Hayden Spirit, but from the pictures, I don't think it is that horrible.

C-3PO was nothing special, but we got something different out of it and an improved S. Crumb.

Other than the head, I really liked Yavin Luke

Lando was a decent figure. I don't have the complaints most have with it.

I think I popped off one of Malak's forearms pretty easily, but other than that it is not too bad.

I just about voted for Anakin as best in his wave. A pretty good figure there I thought.

M'iiyoom is peg-warming here, but she's a nice addition to the Cantina with the bar piece. Just has the problem of the skirt interfering with the ability to sit.

Padmé seems a little better now that I have the figure than what I saw in pictures.

I didn't think the Anakin Spirit looked that bad, either. Then I saw it in person.
    Tommy, close your eyes.