Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

American Gladiators (hhwwurraahrr!!! )

It's back! In 2008. Yay? Boo? Anyway, with noted hosts Mrs. Ali-Conway and Mr. Best-Knowin' Hogan it could be fun, in a mindless, escapist fashion. I always wanted to try out the obstacle course, not to test my strength and abilities against EXCEPTIONALLY WELL-TRAINED, NATURALLY GIFTED ATHLETES , but just for fun (like the Double Dare one, too).

Hellga? Hell... yeah?!? I might check it out tonight as a test case.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I'm boycotting it because it doesn't have the mullets of the original.

I'll give it a watch. But I believe the premiere is 2 hours. Definitely DVRing it.

I'm curious what new obstacles/games they have added, and which ones they kept from the original. I actually watched an episode of Gladiators the other night on ESPN Classic; it was fairly entertaining.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Bring back the writers already . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If it doesn't have Lace then I'm not watching.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

AG was entertaining for about 3 episodes, then it became grotesquely repetitive. I will probably not watch at all, but it is a funny idea.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know if anyone else is watching this, but so far it has been incredibly cheesy . . . and pretty bad.

Crush is pretty hot though and I thought she looked familiar. I don't know if any of you fellas watch or follow MMA, but she fights on EliteXC (Sho) under her real name, Gina Carano.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Thumbs down

I watched until the girl hurt her knee/ankle/leg, then caught the Gladiator hurt his arm. I'm not into seeing injuries on screen, so that was enough for me.
    "That's what Sheev said."

This show was pretty bad. Although I must say, I couldn't stop laughing when those first two women were doing the "Eliminator". It was just hilarious. I know the show isn't supposed to be a comedy, but damn it was FUNNY!!!

But yeah, the show was awful. Hulk and Ali were terrible, the announcer/commentator was a putz, and the contestants were just incredibly lame and cheesy, much like the show overall.

I was not impressed, but there were some very solid laughs throughout. I may keep recording it and watching it late night when I am drunk and need a good laugh.

nobody beats the 1-2 punch of Mike Adamle and Joe Theismen/Larry Czonka/Todd Christiansen.