Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

American Gladiators (hhwwurraahrr!!! )

It's back! In 2008. Yay? Boo? Anyway, with noted hosts Mrs. Ali-Conway and Mr. Best-Knowin' Hogan it could be fun, in a mindless, escapist fashion. I always wanted to try out the obstacle course, not to test my strength and abilities against EXCEPTIONALLY WELL-TRAINED, NATURALLY GIFTED ATHLETES , but just for fun (like the Double Dare one, too).

Hellga? Hell... yeah?!? I might check it out tonight as a test case.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'm boycotting it because it doesn't have the mullets of the original.

I'll give it a watch. But I believe the premiere is 2 hours. Definitely DVRing it.

I'm curious what new obstacles/games they have added, and which ones they kept from the original. I actually watched an episode of Gladiators the other night on ESPN Classic; it was fairly entertaining.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Bring back the writers already . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If it doesn't have Lace then I'm not watching.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

AG was entertaining for about 3 episodes, then it became grotesquely repetitive. I will probably not watch at all, but it is a funny idea.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't know if anyone else is watching this, but so far it has been incredibly cheesy . . . and pretty bad.

Crush is pretty hot though and I thought she looked familiar. I don't know if any of you fellas watch or follow MMA, but she fights on EliteXC (Sho) under her real name, Gina Carano.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Thumbs down

I watched until the girl hurt her knee/ankle/leg, then caught the Gladiator hurt his arm. I'm not into seeing injuries on screen, so that was enough for me.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This show was pretty bad. Although I must say, I couldn't stop laughing when those first two women were doing the "Eliminator". It was just hilarious. I know the show isn't supposed to be a comedy, but damn it was FUNNY!!!

But yeah, the show was awful. Hulk and Ali were terrible, the announcer/commentator was a putz, and the contestants were just incredibly lame and cheesy, much like the show overall.

I was not impressed, but there were some very solid laughs throughout. I may keep recording it and watching it late night when I am drunk and need a good laugh.

nobody beats the 1-2 punch of Mike Adamle and Joe Theismen/Larry Czonka/Todd Christiansen.