Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Photos

Vintage Photos

I decided to put that nice macro lens I bought a while ago to use.

Yes, I know Snags is dirty......

Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crossed.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	16506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boba.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	16507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueandRed.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	16508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VaderObi.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	16509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vader.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	16510  

You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Pretty sweet pics. Looks nice Rebo.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    I decided to put that nice macro lens I bought a while ago to use.

Yes, I know Snags is dirty......

Enjoy
    Silly question, but I've only had one introductory class in Photography, what exactly is the difference between a telephoto lens and a macro lens?

Cool photos, BTW!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Macro will let you focus in almost as close as you want to the subject and still pick up every detail.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Exactly. Macro lets you look at things that are very close, and telephoto lets you look at things that are very far away.

Very nice Rebo's_Guitarist! Love the abstract qualities.
    What kind of lighting are you using there?

So is it just a very wide angle lens? I always thought that wide angle lens would distort objects too much if they were close up.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I used my mini led mag for the blue shades, otherwise I used some can lights with energy efficient floresents.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So is it just a very wide angle lens? I always thought that wide angle lens would distort objects too much if they were close up.
    I'm not great at explaining this sort of thing... but I've always just understood it as being a kind of lens that lets you focus on things that are much closer than a "normal" lens would. It magnifies the image, so that it's larger (1:1 or 2:1 and sometimes better) than it would be if you just used a telephoto lens. (There are also telephoto macro lenses though, that let you magnify something that's somewhat far away.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist View Post
    I used my mini led mag for the blue shades, otherwise I used some can lights with energy efficient floresents.
    Cool idea using an LED as a spot! I'll have to try that some time.

That has a very short focal length! Geez, I don't think I could use a lens that tight, my manual focusing skills aren't good enough and getting up that close I'd probably knock the subjects down. What lens/camera is it?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sony Alpha 100 w/ Minolta 50mm 2.8 macro
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo