Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Right thing to do... Obi-Wan (v2.0)

Whilst perusing the pictures on Uncle George's official site... I caught a glimpse of a very nicely sculpted Obi-Wan figure. What struck me odd about this is that... WHOA! This boy has a soft goods robe!! The pose isn't tacky!

This figure appears to be from the time Obi-Wan sets up his transmitter on Geonosis to send a transmission to Anakin. The figure seems to have: 1) the transmitter, 2) a lightsaber, 3) a transmitter activation device AND 4) the aforementioned soft goods robe.

This is how I feel the figures SHOULD have been done. Sorry. Maybe I am a traditionalist, but this one looks great. I hope we get a few more of these... especially since, while the "Fightin' mad" Jedi figures a nice, I would prefer to have them in more neutral poses.

I've included the pic (and don't get started about property of Lucasfilm, etc...) in case you haven't seen it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the good ob1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	669  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I saw this one too, JediPartnr and I am very impressed. I like the neutral, yet focused stance. Obi Wan has a determined look to his demeanor here. A very nice figure indeed with the transmitter and the soft goods robe. This will definately be one to buy carded and also to open.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I as well,have seen this soft-goods Obi and thought it was
    the best one out there.No funky poses,no nothing.
    I'm gonna pick up this one,great for a a battle or neutral scene
    on my shelf.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Hmm... looks like the 12", the angle of the picture could be mis-leading but one thing that makes me suspect that is the lightsaber blade, it doesn't have those lame anime-like energy blasts on it, which it seems Hasbro isn't gonna drop for awhile.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Initially thought it was 12" as well...

BUT... it was found in the 3 3/4" selection of figures. The 12" head is different and much too large for the figure. No pack-ins for the 12" either. PLUS... if you look closely... you can see little pegs going into its feet on the stand.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

He's right next to the Dooku figure too. This looks to be the Pilot one. It also DOES have the energy on it look closer. And even though we can't see the articulation, he might be able to hold the lightsaber with both hands!

This is easily one of my favorites from the show; my single favorite so far is still the AOTC (not the preview) Zam Wessel.

My first thought on this Obi-Wan is thank god they designed a robe this time that looks like the ones used in the movies. I thought the Accessory packs from EP1 were awesome in theory, but those robes were horrible, and they barely even fit the figures. This one looks great.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I will concede that it does look better but it still has a wide stance. those legs look to be acres apart from each other. The pic could be misleading though considering that it's a funny angle and slightly blurred. Obi reminds me of someone with the windswept hair though, can't think who for the moment.......

better pictures needed methinks.

It's definitely 3 3/4", I saw a few pics of it from Steve's camera yesterday (though it's not in the right place in our coverage yet, wondering where) but it appears to have slightly gimmicky arms and preposed legs - though it's hard to tell for sure as the robe is quite large. I can guarantee you that the figure's legs and/or feet are preposed though. Still, it does look better.

I wish Hasbro would just do figures like the Ep 1 Soft Goods Obi-Wan, that figure is really cool without being preposed. If they want cool poses, add articulation to allow for any number of cool poses but KEEP THE NEUTRAL POSE too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The figure looks awesome but at the same time it has a look like hes drunk and about to fall over to the side.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.