View Poll Results: Which is the best figure from 2007's Vintage-style line?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bossk

14 25.45%
  • Han (Hoth)

3 5.45%
  • IG-88

12 21.82%
  • Luke (Bespin)

1 1.82%
  • Princess Leia (Endor)

8 14.55%
  • Snowtrooper

17 30.91%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Best Vintage-style Figure of 2007

Continuing the "best of 2007" poll series...

Which figure do you consider the best from 2007's Vintage-style line?

You can use whatever criteria you wish to determine your favorite, whether it be articulation, paint, packaging, even the figure's mail-away coin.

Please keep in mind that you must be logged into the forums to vote.

They all cost too much, and thus are all losers. Though that Leia is the loserest.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That's an exciting argument, sir.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't buy any, since they're all the the same thing as the first figure of each I have, just different.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

This is an extremely difficult decision for me to make and I've been mulling it over ever since these polls began. This wave has three of the greatest Star Wars figures ever made that I believe were a bargain at only $10 each.

Bossk - probably the most unnecessary of my top three, but just an amazing example of what Hasbro is capable of when they put their minds to it. Probably my favorite "overall package" from this set, since the cardbacks are a big draw of this line.

IG-88 - a technical masterpiece on par with the POTJ FX-7. The only possible flaw is one of durability.

Snowtrooper - it took me a while to get past the Jango-head, but when I did I realized that this really is a masterpiece of a figure. One of the few figures that you can stand side by side with a photograph of the character and it looks like a perfect replica. Aside from the head underneath, my only complaint would be the strange pinkish-grey wash on the helmet, when in the film the helmets were a shiny, pure white. But it's a minor quibble that can hopefully be fixed in a future rerelease.

So, who do I vote for?

Bossk who I think is most interesting as a whole package on the card?

IG-88 who just deserves some recognition for being a milestone in the Star Wars line; but is just not a character I am super interested in?

Snowtrooper, who is currently my favorite, but has minor flaws that should be fixed in the future?

I can't decide just yet, I'll come back later.

Okay, it's later, I voted for the Snowtrooper, Jango-head and all.

And for the three people who voted for Leia, let me remind you that this is the "BEST OF" poll, not the "worst of" poll.

My vote went to the Snowtrooper....always seemed a little under-rated being in the battle on the cold planet of Hoth.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I voted for the Snowtrooper. I really liked this figure and was awaiting a really good one. I dont care about the Jango head, since the helmet never comes off.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

And for the three people who voted for Leia, let me remind you that this is the "BEST OF" poll, not the "worst of" poll.
    I think Leia was a pretty solid figure, better than Luke, Han and Bossk IMO. Everyone has their own opinion(cue Perry Farrel) and I could see Leia snagging a few votes from others.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Of the three remaining figures, I would rank Han Hoth at a distant #4. Just too many things went wrong for him to be a good figure.

Luke Bespin is good and would be a stellar figure with an all-new head sculpt.

Leia Endor is just a complete waste for me. She looks comically bad standing next to the VTSC Endor Han and Saga Endor Luke. The poncho is too big and the ball-joint neck is horribly executed, so she doesn't even look good without the poncho. The figure just has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Easily the single worst figure of 2007 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I think Leia was a pretty solid figure, better than Luke, Han and Bossk IMO. Everyone has their own opinion(cue Perry Farrel) and I could see Leia snagging a few votes from others.
    I know that some people like her, but she's one of the rare figures that, IMO, are so bad it just ****es me off. Anakin Spirit looked horrible from the prototypes so I expected him to be bad. ROTJ Luke from wave 4 was more of a disappointment; but I know we'll see another version within 2 years.

The Leia figure just ticked me off, because I couldn't find any redeemable qualities with her and I know that we will probably never see another version of Endor Leia.