Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay

when I first got my computer, I hit Ebay hard and often

one thing I wanted in particular was the Luke/Dak snowspeeder set exclusive to Walmart
    when it arrived and I opened it, I was surprised at how much Dak and Luke looked alike
    I was scammed! but I didn't realize it until it was too late for me to do anything about it
    I am still hunting for that Dak figure

my third transaction was for a mexican Bib Fortuna with red cloak
    when it arrived, the seller did not include the staff that was pictured with the figure
    I left him a neutral feedback rating, explaining that I did not get everything pictured
    he left me my only negative feedback, blasting me for not contacting him first to explain my grievance
    that learning experience has not been forgotten in my subsequent transactions on Ebay
    if I have a question, I do not hesitate to ask it
    if the transaction was completed satisfactory to both parties and feedback isn't left by the seller, I send a friendly reminder to leave positive feedback for a successful transaction

[FONT=Book Antiqua]You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose
    great traders: jedigeorge6; jedi master sal; ncbarret; darkjedi5; cookiemonster; phantom-like menace

[/FONT]

That's one thing that bothers me with sellers. They should leave positive feedback first. The moment they have received payment, positive feedback should be left. At that point the buyer has fulfilled their obligation to the deal.

I really hate it when they want to dangle the positive feedback carrot over you, if you don't post first.

When I get sellers like that I just tell them that if they want more of my business they better leave me feedback first. There's plenty of sellers on eBay as there is buyer. So no need for the childish games.

Leave feedback for cryin out loud.

Oh and another one... Regardless if I'm a returning buyer or not, leave feedback. I have over 500+ positive feedback from multiple transactions, whereas my "actual" feedback score is hovering around 150. I certainly take into account the other feedback number when bidding. You might have a seller with only 50 feedback, but yet when you look at their actual transactions it's 200. (For example)

That shows that the seller knows how to deal with multiple wins. Something I do quite often.

If a seller still refuses to leave positive first or for multiple wins, I point out my feedback numbers and the amount of money I spend, money they will potentially lose if they don't leave feedback. I've only had two sellers outright refuse to leave feedback after that, so I never bought from them again, regardless of the initial auction going well.

In my case I have one negative, but really over 500 positives, with just 150 of them belonging to unique sellers. Still that should count, but some people don't bother or care to look at that number.

Oh and the negative was because of a seller taking over three weeks to send a figure, when he wasn't 40 miles north of me...and this after sending MANY e-mails to him to complete the deal even eventually threatening action. After that I did file against him then happened to get my figure. This was so very early on in my eBay account and that seller is no longer registered. I do wish that negatives would be expunged after a year or two. I mean that one mark will cary with me forever...Doesn't seem fair.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 01-14-2008 at 12:30 AM.
    Move along, move along

I might have to try this site. It sounds pretty cool. E-Bay, you say?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I might have to try this site. It sounds pretty cool. E-Bay, you say?
    No "eBay."

Small "e" not big and no hyphen...
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    That's one thing that bothers me with sellers. They should leave positive feedback first. The moment they have received payment, positive feedback should be left. At that point the buyer has fulfilled their obligation to the deal.
    Yeah, but the transaction isn't complete until you (the buyer) receives their product.

I know that is (or was) a heated debate as far as eBay goes, who is to leave feedback first and when.

Personally, as a buyer, I don't expect to receive feedback until after I have received my product and have left the seller feedback.

As a seller, I usually will not leave feedback for the buyer until I receive it, because to me, that is when the transaction is complete.

I understand your point of view sal, I just look at it a little bit differently.

And sal, I'm upset that you would not want to conduct business with me because of my feedback policy; it really pains me.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Well, I know you personally, sort of, so the rule doesn't apply.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    As a buyer, which is pretty rare these days, I leave feedback when I've received the item. As a seller, I'll leave feedback once I know that the buyer has received the item, and all's well. (It's the real world equivalent of, "Thank you." and then "You're welcome."

Why? I've been burned in the past by buyers who've turned around and claimed that they didn't get their package, and then they'll requested that PayPal refund their money. My mistake at the time, was not bothering to get a delivery confirmation for items under $20 or $10. I'd figured it wasn't a big deal, but it's the only way you can prove to PayPal that you mailed that box. Otherwise, it's your word versus the buyers, and PayPal tends to side with the buyer.

Feedback is pointless after a certain number anyway. Seeing that someone has 300 instead of 200 positive comments, isn't going to sway me. I'm only looking for recent negative comments.

I'll weigh in on this since I frequent eBay a lot lately.....If I'm the seller, I prefer to wait for the buyer to leave feedback....so I'm agreeing with you plastic. Since I'm doing the one selling I prefer to get the thanks as well first before leaving them a you're welcome. I don't really see anything wrong with it. I would be very upset if I sold something and left feedback first and then didn't receive any in return, which has happened. ie I remember selling something and less than a week later, the member was no longer a registered member and I got screwed out of a feedback. Didn't sit well with me. Just my 2 cents though!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I see this completely different. The seller should be saying "Thanks for your business" first. Without the buyers, sellers wouldn't have the business in the first place.

I may notify a buyer I've received an item, but I do expect them to then post feedback first.

Again, I've been screwed by buyers who once receiving payment never bother to follow through. Those are the worst. Not only do they have your money, but they also have the item you won at auction.

The seller should be saying thanks. It's the buyer who says your welcome by first paying for the item then leaving feedback after. More often than not there are multiples of specific items available on eBay, so there's plenty of opportunity for buyers to go elsewhere. Sellers must wait on buyers to bid. So you should be giving your thanks first once they paid.

I'm not a shifty buyer, so I can't see it from the sellers viewpoint. I've only ever tried to sell one thing on the bay. Didn't get a buyer so I don't sell. I'm not going to pay for auctions if the crap doesn't sell. I learned my lesson there. (What makes it worse on that note is that my item was considerably cheaper in the starting bid, as well as shipping, yet I saw others of the same thing going for 3-4 times what I was hoping to get.

Bah, I'll never sell on eBay again. Not worth the frustration or money. I'll just stick to being a buyer. A frugal but fair one.
    Move along, move along

Your NES could be worth a lot of money!

Check out this auction for a Nintendo Entertainment System and five games that ended this week. It's totally legit. I guess the reason it went so high is because one of the games ("Family & Fitness: Stadium Events" with original box and sleeve) is so rare.

Still... 13 grand for a NES cart?