Vader & Yoda in SoulCalibur 4

I didn't think this would impress me when I read the blah-blah on it:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

but damn if that trailer didn't work:
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165347

I don't really give a crap about Yoda in the game, although he does seem to have Force abilities there which is cool, but Vader looks pretty badarse in the half-second they show him going.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

arguably the weirdest crossover in the history of all mankind.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Narrowly beating Archie vs The Punisher.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That Soul Edge has one hell of a reach.

First it pulled in Tekken's Heihachi Mishima (SC II for PS2), The Legend of Zelda's Link (SC II for GCN), and McFarlane Comics' Spawn (SC II for Xbox) from their realities. Then it pulled in Xenosaga's KOS-MOS (SC III) and Tales of Symphonia's Lloyd Irving (SC Legends) from their realities. Now its reaching into a galaxy far, far away to pull in Star Wars' Darth Vader (SC IV for PS3) and Yoda (SC IV for X360) from their realities.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 01-11-2008 at 02:36 PM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Narrowly beating Archie vs The Punisher.
    JUST narrowly based on the fact that it was a crossover between two comic characters, and this is a crossover between a videogame franchise and an unrelated movie franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    That Soul Edge has one hell of a reach.

First it pulled in Tekken's Heihachi Mishima (SC II for PS2), The Legend of Zelda's Link (SC II for GCN), and McFarlane Comics' Spawn (SC II for Xbox) from their realities. Then it pulled in Xenosaga's KOS-MOS (SC III) and Tales of Symphonia's Lloyd Irving (SC Legends) from their realities. Now its reaching into a galaxy far, far away to pull in Star Wars' Darth Vader (SC IV for PS3) and Yoda (SC IV for X360) from their realities.
    all make much more sense than the star wars crossover. most of those characters are either from another active namco/bandai series (heihachi, spawn, xenosaga, tales of symphonia) or characters owned by the company (link). yoda and vader are neither. the only thing i can see that links namco to star wars was a japan-only release of a star wars game in 1988, and a strangely vastly different version for north american/PAL release for NES/SMS.

while the crossover is pretty cool, and executed well based on the animation in the preview, i have to wonder what the guy who came up with this idea was smoking.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

They were smoking $100 bills.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.