Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What else would you do with the money?

If you weren't collecting Star Wars stuff, presumably you'd have a lot of extra money sitting around waiting to be spent. What else would you spend your money on if you weren't spending it on Star Wars stuff?

I'd buy a small country.

Seriously, I've wondered this very thing myself and I honestly don't know. I don't have any other really big hobbies. I would like to think that I would've saved it and been smart with it but in all likelihood I probably would've put even more money in to my truck than I already have.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Buy transformers
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

When I wasn't obsessing over collecting Star Wars in the past, I was obsessing over collecting comic books, Star Trek novels, superhero action figures, etc.

I think some of us just have collecting hardwired into us.

Right now, if I wasn't collecting Star Wars, I'd probably spend all of my money on computer hardware/software, photography equipment, or just start collecting guns.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I would seriously be looking to fill in my vintage collection if I wasnt buying all the new stuff. Like BiB, I was into comics and baseball cards in the downtime(85-95). I since sold all tat I had sans a few comics and like 2-3 cards.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Cigarettes and hookers.

In all seriousness I probably would have found something else to spend the money on. I've always been a fan of shelf space taker uppers so I'm sure I'd've just bought the stuff at the other end of the aisle.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Caesar and I would've gone halfsies on a double-ended monkey stuffer for said hookers.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I'd buy more music. Maybe more DVD's. A season of a TV show or some other collection I would like to buy can be pricey, and I haven't watched a lot of the DVD's I do have, so I don't buy too many. Or maybe I'd just save more. I'll probably need a new car someday, so I'd have more saved up for that if I wasn't buy Star Wars.

I'd probably buy more electronic gadgets. An iPod or a digital camera is kind of pricey, so I'm reluctant to get one. The iPod isn't too necessary, but a camera would be more useful. However, one reason I'd like to have one is to take pictures of my figures.

Also pricey are the new video game systems and the games themselves. I'm reluctant to drop $400 on a new X-Box just to have the opportunity to pay $50 for each game I want to get.

I sometimes wonder just how much I've spent over the years. if not for star wars figures i probably would have bought a library worth of books. more Lego. and gone out and got hammered more often. I keep looking at the toys i have and thinking I must get rid and clear some space. I'm going to be moving house at some point over the next year and really don't want the hassle of lugging boxes full of toys around. Lego I don't mind. Lego is a lifelong passion. star wars and other sci-fi is dispensible.