Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Hopefully they can make Boba Fett interesting again after AOTC ruined him. But it seems like the more Lucas goes back to deconstruct these guys, the worse it gets.

The mask and costume are actually from ANH, from the cantina scene.
    Yeah, it's the Saurin head on the pilot outfit of the "black-domed-headed" character in the Cantina.

From what I understand, the script called for a purple octopus creature, but ILM couldn't get anything even remotely filmable put together, so Kirschner had them throw together some existing stuff (from the account I read, the hands and feet were created pretty quickly) and they created Bossk. Kirschner said that it was bizarre, but for some reason it worked, so they went with it.

The guy who played Bossk was also Harrison Ford's body double when they created the Carbonite Block. He played a role in the other two films as well, I just don't remember what at this point.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The costume is BoShek's, modified and recolored yellow from the original black. Funny how Bossk and BoShek have the same first 3 letters in their names.

Alan Harris was a Bespin Guard, was 3PO in ROTJ a little, had the Boba Fett costume built to his body, and was a stand-in for Chancellor Valorum in TPM. I don't think he had an ANH role though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

the yellow jumpsuit existed in ANH as BigB said. one of the spacers on the left hand side of the bar. as we get the establishing shots when Luke enters the cantina.

wonder if they ever did a purple octopus bounty hunter design.

So, the famous 'production' painting Ralph McQuarrie did of Boba, Bossk, Dengar, IG-88, 4-LOM and Zuckuss is a fake production painting then, LFL are trying to dupe us into thinking someone designed some cool bounty hunters first and the costumes were deliberately. thoughtfully and carefully put together before the shoot rather than a load of cobbled together junk spray painted and carefully distressed an hour beforehand?

My life is over.........

I just found a very interesting picture. seems our mr. lucas 'borrowed' some costumes first used in BBC's Doctor Who in 1968 in a story called 'the wheel in space' check this out. the one on the right is pretty much Bo'shek. the picture is a colourised version of a black and white still image. but the colours are fairly close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WheelInSpace_PDVD_159.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	17216  

Quote Originally Posted by Jargo View Post
    I just found a very interesting picture. seems our mr. lucas 'borrowed' some costumes first used in BBC's Doctor Who in 1968 in a story called 'the wheel in space' check this out. the one on the right is pretty much Bo'shek. the picture is a colourised version of a black and white still image. but the colours are fairly close.
    I bet a lot of stuff was borrowed for those movies...Intersting picture though.