Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Biggest EU SNAFUs FUBAR

Since Lucasfilm's official stance is that everything that's been published happened, it creates some really insanely stupid paradoxes. Let's bring up, discuss, and laugh at some of these.

1) Boba Fett escaped from the Sarlaac twice. He got out once, with his armor intact, and was kidnapped by Jawas. He couldn't remember anything, and a run-in with Han resulted in his falling into the Sarlaac again. This time, the Sarlaac dissolved his armor and talked to him, until he blew up his jetpack and escaped.

I don't make this carp up.

2) Leia and Han were married twice, a couple of years apart. Immediately after ROTJ, Han had a bachelor pad in Cloud City, despite it being run by an Imperial Garrison.

3) Greedo's father (also named Greedo) was chased from Rodia by a feud with another clan. He grew up on Tatooine and got beat up by Anakin Skywalker as a kid. (If that's not embarassing....) He was eventually able to move back to Rodia, but the family was chased away again when his son, Greedo Jr, was young. Greedo Jr eventually wound up on Tatooine, working for Jabba the Hutt.

4) 4-LOM joined the Rebellion immediately after his brief appearance in ESB. He became a Jedi robot and foresaw the future (correctly). However, he apparently decided to ditch his ideals and went to collect the bounty on Han by stealing him from Boba. When Boba dismantled him, he was never able to use the Force again.

5) The Rebels spent the better part of a year chasing Boba Fett from place to place, hoping to catch him and rescue Han Solo. I don't even need to go into further detail. That carp is just stupid.

6) Boba apparently has amnesia a lot. He didn't even seem to recognize Han Solo in The Holiday Special, despite having run into him about twelve times before.

Yeah, don't b***h about the giant green rabbit no more, okay?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And the Rebels got the Death Star plans like 17 different ways.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

You forgot that Boba Fett was the best-man at Dengar's wedding. That was the nail in the EU coffin for me.

Also, for some inexplicable reason, Chewbacca and Yoda were buddies prior to the OT, even though their relationship was never followed up on in the films... oh wait, that was actually in one of the movie, but it's still incredibly stupid.

Han Solo was also raised by... get this... a Wookie! He then went on to pilot a ship with a giant cat as his copilot before ever even meeting Chewbacca.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Dude, I totally forgot the Death Star Plans. That is the biggest damned mess ever.

Han also got in hot water with his commanding officer when he refused to kill a wounded Chewbacca in space near Kashyyyk. A few months (or years) later, he got kicked out of the military when he stood up for the very same Wookiee being beaten by the very same commander!

And don't knock the big cat. Togorians rock. You know as well as I do that a Togorian figure would be every bit as cool as a Jaxxon/Ackmena two-pack.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

IG-88 was the brain of the second Death Star.

BoShek was force sensitive.

Bib Fortuna and the Max Rebo Band survived the explosion of the Sail Barge.

Which reminds me:

The original lead singer of the Max Rebo Band was killed by the Modal Nodes, when the Bith band tried to kill the entire Rebo Band. However, in the SE, one of the new members of the band was Barquin D'an, the brother of Figrin D'an, leader of the Modal Nodes.

Try to figure that one out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And don't knock the big cat. Togorians rock. You know as well as I do that a Togorian figure would be every bit as cool as a Jaxxon/Ackmena two-pack.
    I actually liked the big cat, but I just thought it was lame to give Han Solo a history of hairy co-pilots.

Dare we even get into the "clone Emperor" storyline?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Only if we can get into Luke Skywalker falling in love with a Jedi Knight whose mind has been trapped in a computer.

Which brings up the issue of how many Jedi were secretly married during the prequel era because Lucas didn't come up with the pesky detail of the Jedi marriage ban until after TPM.

Or how all references to Ki-Adi being the only Knight on the Council were changed after ROTS to say that he always referred to himself as a Knight and not a Master out of modesty.

And don't get me started on issues of lightsaber colors.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Zuckass got a lung transplant from the Rebels.

I notice that a bunch of us are bringing stuff up from the "Tales of..." books. Does that speak more for their wide readership or their ridiculousness?
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    Zuckass got a lung transplant from the Rebels.

I notice that a bunch of us are bringing stuff up from the "Tales of..." books. Does that speak more for their wide readership or their ridiculousness?
    I think they were more easily accessible for new EU readers, since they focused on background movie characters. So, as long as you had seen the movies, then you had all the backstory that you needed to read these books.

For the main EU continuity, unless you started reading the books in 1991, then there's really no hope for catching up. For me, Jaina and Jacen Solo, Cade Skywalker, Grand Admiral Thrawn, A'sharrad Hett, those names mean very little to me and I'm not interested in reading 20 poorly written books just to get their stories.