LEGO Digital Designer!

Okay, I JUST found this tonight.

Who else has downloaded and used this program?

It's freakin' awesome!

For those who don't know, this program (both for PC and MAC) allows you to custom build your own LEGO design on the computer.

What's more, you can ORDER your creation from LEGO. It may be a little more expensive than what you can buy in a store, however you get EXACTLY what YOU want!

It's amazing!

You can go to LEGO's site and find fan creations. Some are very creative (and expensive).

Man, I wish I'd have known of this sooner. I'm going to be busy making some very cool designs.

Oh and the program is FREE!

-Sal
    Move along, move along

I've heard of it, but haven't had the time to actually check it out for myself. Some of the digital designs I've seen produced from it have been exceptional though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I downloaded it and played with it last Summer with the intention of creating personalized Christmas gifts for family...but I got too busy to really get into it and think of anything. I still have it on the desktop though with full intention of doing some fun things for birthdays!

I tried the first version they put out but it was fairly difficult to work with. the new version is much more reliable but still has a few problems. mostly with getting bricks to lock together in the right places. The brick pallete has improved drastically though. many more useful colours and pieces. I'm building a town car dealership at the moment. lots of glass frontage and roof tiles. mostly it's a way of getting lots of the same brick in a set. they could do with adding more minifig parts to the mix though.

not a bad little programme all told. glad I tried it again.

I've not used the current version. The first version I used I was very unimpressed with. You had to download sets into it and then had only those bricks to build "your" set with. So you were limited to those bricks and those colors. And the sets were small. The biggest maybe had a 100 pieces. I don't remember any real difficulties using the software. It seemed pretty straight forward and worked how I thought would. Maybe I'll give this new version a try sometime.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

dunno if this link will work but this is the thing i was just playing with. mostly as an exercise in getting lots of the same part in one set. and play with an idea. there's no internal support for the roof and I used lots of small bricks and didn't build it all interlocking. thought it was probably best to get to know how the software works before doing a proper build.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory...9-fc8eb6948ff9

Nice!

I like the program, I just wish there were MORE pieces to choose from. Not enough of the niche pieces.

And I'd like to build custom LEGO people too....that part is very limited.
    Move along, move along

I just read about this in the October issue of MacLife. It didn't say to much about it, and I haven't downloaded it yet, but it sounded kind of cool. I thought I would start a thread about it because I thought it might be a good way for some of you creative types to make some custom Star Wars vehicles, but I see Sal already started this one. I'm better at building by following the instructions, so I probably wouldn't be likely to create anything I'd want to buy.