Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grand Theft Auto IV Release Date.

I noticed today that Grand Theft Auto IV was on pre-order at Target today and they had a release date of 03/2008. Did they finally set a solid release date or is this just target trying to guess a release date?

Take-Two's current stance is that Grand Theft Auto IV will be released sometime during their second fiscal quarter in 2008. That roughly translates to a release date falling in between the beginning of February and late March/early April.

Currently there are several store ads stating specific March dates, but until Take-Two officially mentions anything I wouldn't take any of these dates too seriously. Stores often jump the gun with release dates based on their own predictions.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

They announced the release date today. It's April 29th.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

Sweet! Now I know what day I need to buy a PS3 by.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Sweet! Now I know what day I need to buy a PS3 by.
    Same for me, but I'm getting a 360 on Thursday, although I already have a Wii and my bro has a 360 as well, but being able to play this online with him and our friends will be awesome.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

1 week left. I am really excited to be able to play this game. The graphics look great and it looks like it will stay true to the GTA humor. Anybody else getting this on opening day?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondo07 View Post
    1 week left. I am really excited to be able to play this game. The graphics look great and it looks like it will stay true to the GTA humor. Anybody else getting this on opening day?
    Placed my pre-order last night for that and WiiFit.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbondo07 View Post
    Anybody else getting this on opening day?
    You betcha. I would have liked to be there at midnight to buy it, but I've got an exam that day. So I'm heading over to pick it up right after class on Tuesday. I'm really excited for this game. The reviews have been extremely positive. The Grand Theft Auto series (since GTA3, at least) has never let me down yet.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

They just showed a live preiview on X-Play, and it looks freakin sweet!!!

As to what you said about the series never being a letdown GG, me myself love the entire series from GTA3 on, as does my wife.

In fact usually when I stop playing a game, I'll sell or trade it off. The GTA games are the only ones I'm not allowed to get rid of per my wife, and she never complains if I sell or trade anything. If I ever got rid of any of those games though she'd probably kill me.

Anyway, just a little over 24 hours to go until release.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Well, I still don't have a PS3 so I won't be partaking in the GTA IV craze right now. I had other priorities, so I couldn't drop $500+ on a gaming system quite yet, but I plan to sometime in the hopefully near future.

But anyways, I know some of you got it today, DQ GG and Co., so what are your thoughts? I bet it is freakin' awesome!
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."