Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

List of the Next Comic 2-Packs

So I've been trying to figure out what's next for the Comic 2-packs. I've liked much of the offerings from this series so far.

However, the next group will not see me buying any, unfortunately.

Empire
    Luke Skywalker as Lt. Jundland
    Lt. Shan as Imperial Officer

Empire
    Mouse (Duro in Stormtrooper Disguise)
    Basso (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Star Wars Tales
    Republic Commando (Clone)
    Super Battle Droid

I was never a fan of the Empire series (nor Rebellion for that matter), and Star Wars Tales was not my favorite format either.

What else are we getting? What has been confirmed? What's strongly rumored?

I thought from

Legacy

Antarres Draco
    Ganner Krieg

were strongly rumored. They are Imperial Knights - think of them as Force-trained Royal Guards with lightsabers.

I've heard suggestions that

Heir to the Empire

Talon Karrde

is on the way. I don't know who he's rumored to be packed with, but a resculpt of Grand Admiral Thrawn was in the pipeline by some accounts.

Do you think the Comic 2-packs are doing well for Hasbro and they will invest more in new molds for the figures? They have had some very nice offerings in this collection thus far.

Oh, btw - Dark Horse has 4 titles you'd think they'd be promoting: Legacy, Rebellion, KOTOR, and Dark Times. The last is the only one with no signs of figures. K'Kruhk could be done for Dark Times though. Meanwhile, Rebellion and Empire (which is getting done) are nearly overlapping, so that makes little difference. Hasbro has meanwhile stated that with the 2 carded figures and Mandalore in the Evolutions set, they're done with KOTOR for the short term (2008).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress
    Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker
    Anakin Skywalker and Durge
    Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde
    Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta
    Princess Leia and Prince Xizor
    White Vader and Princess Leia
    Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg
    Dengar and Fenn Shysa
    Tobbi Dala and Leia
    Lt. Tank and Amanin Alien
    Jedi Robe Vos & Unknown
    Mosep (Marvel “Jabba”) and Han Solo
    Shira Brie and Lumiya

All of these are rumored over at Rebel Scum, and i've seen them on other star wars sites as well, so they seem to be pretty reasonable choices.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress: Don't care who Tol is; if the Asajj is good, I'll get it.

Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker: Total pass. I refuse to support Legacy in any way.

Anakin Skywalker and Durge: Can't see how they can improve on the existing Durge.

Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde: Hell yeah! I wish we got anyone other than another Thrawn, but I'd buy a Battlepack for Karrde.

Darth Vader and Admiral Trachta: I seem to recall saying before, "Uh, who?"

Princess Leia and Prince Xizor: Absolutely! I'm assuming it'd be "aroused" Xizor and nightgown Leia.

White Vader and Princess Leia: No amount of figures could make ROTJ Infinities suck any less.

Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg: Uh, who?

Dengar and Fenn Shysa: Maybe. Is Fenn Shysa another Mandalore? If so, likely not.

Tobbi Dala and Leia: Is Tobbi Dala a Mandalore? If so, no.

Lt. Tank and Amanin Alien: Hell yeah! As dumb as the idea of making Sunber be Tank was, this was prior to that immensely stupid plot twist. One of the best SW stories ever told in comics form.

Jedi Robe Vos & Unknown: Another Vos so soon? Unnecessary

Mosep (Marvel “Jabba”) and Han Solo: Not keen on another Han, but I'd never be able to pass on Mosep. Here's hoping the head gets reused and we get the other members of his species.

Shira Brie and Lumiya: Would it be possible to have both in one set without including multiple comics? I never cared much for the character, especially in light of the use of her in Legacy that makes a Flantdig look like Shakespeare. Easy pass.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Glad to see you're not too critical Chux, heh heh.
    Move along, move along

Yeah, I probably sound lately like I hate Star Wars toys and the EU. But I only hate recent (and stupid) EU, and am just disgusted by Hasbro's choices and execution overall of the past few years. (Five packs of Boba Fett repaints named after the sculptors? Made-up Clonetroopers and Starfighters in every color of the rainbow? Six years and not a single member of the PT Lars family? Gimme a break!)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Here's what I'd buy:

Darth Talon and Cade Skywalker
    Grand Admiral Thrawn and Talon Karrde
    Princess Leia and Prince Xizor
    Antares Draco and Ganner Krieg
    Lt. Tank and Amanin Alien
    Shira Brie and Lumiya - maybe

Tol Skorr and Assaj Ventress - maybe

Notably missing are:

LEGACY
    Darth Krayyt
    Darth Nihl
    Delilah Blue
    Jeriah Syn
    Wolf Sazen
    K'Kruhk
    Yuuzhan Vong
    Vong Shaper

HEIR TO THE EMPIRE
    Noghri
    Joruus C'Boath
    Palleon
    Leia Organa Solo

SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE
    Guri
    Leebo

CRIMSON EMPIRE
    Nom Anor
    Mirith Sinn

There are many more, but this would get figures relating to one another out, as well as with comic books they appeared in (even if Nom Anor is more NJO, etc.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My list of want and want not is pretty long but alot of what has been listed above I'd go with. I'm with chux on the EU. There are alot I want, and not just me, because I'm hearing the same types of want lists from others, and it just seems like we're getting only a fraction of those we actually want and the rest are ones that Hasbro is deciding to throw at us.

I've heard that ppl from the big H actually read these forums to see what fans really want, but I have to question that seeing as how we get more of this and less of that.
    Chux pretty much hit it when he asked how many of a certain re-paint do we need? Not that I don't like Clones and Mandos, but I'd rather see characters that actually appeared somewhere, like a comic, novel or game. There are several out there and Hasbro has hardly scratched the surface yet.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I found these today at Wal-Mart in princeton, I have yet to open them but they look decent, even though im not a fan of the comic series they come from Shan and Luke in disguise was just to cool looking to pass on. Basso and Mouse was different, and who doesn't want an alien in storm trooper armor, just to cool to pass...though the Battle Droid Clone pack...was a little less than desired just by the look...i'm sick of commandos, and battle droids for that matter.

Empire
    Luke Skywalker as Lt. Jundland
    Lt. Shan as Imperial Officer

Empire
    Mouse (Duro in Stormtrooper Disguise)
    Basso (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Star Wars Tales
    Republic Commando (Clone)
    Super Battle Droid

So if your looking for these check your local haunts cause there out.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Looks like Durge has a poorly-fitted removable helmet that doesn't cover his head. Pass.
    Tommy, close your eyes.