Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I officially no longer respect the Oscars

I was hanging by a thread before, but this cinches it:

Animated Feature Film: "Persepolis"; "Ratatouille"; "Surf's Up."

No TMNT? I'm not saying it should win, but it pushed the limits of animation to lengths of realism that have not been touched before. I believed the Raphael vs Leonardo scene more than anything in the Star Wars prequels.

Ratatouille would've beaten it, of course, and deservedly so.

Now, the journey that began when that turd-cuddler Eminenema won an Oscar over U2 (and before Burton or Depp) is complete. I officially no longer give a poop.

That indecipherable mess of special effects in Transformers getting a nod as potentially the "best" certainly didn't help their case.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I officially no longer respect the Oscars
    It took you this long?

For a complete list of oscar nods, click here folks: http://www.oscar.com/nominees/

I feel like MICHAEL CLAYTON is this years "Film that got many nods but hardly anybody saw it" award.

Things I agree with:
    Javier Bardem for 'No country'- he was genius in that film.
    Casey Affleck for "Jesse James"- again, a terrific performance
    Ellen Page- "Juno"- again, well deserved nomination
    Best song: "Falling slowly" from 'once'- great nod! I was just listening to that soundtrack last night. I love that flick.
    Juno, and No country up for best film- I haven't seen 'there will be blood' yet primarily because of all of the hooplah surrounding it thanks to PT Anderson fan boys, but maybe this weekend or so.

Things I disagree with:
    No Brad pit for "Jesse James?!!?!!?!" BS!
    Johnny Depp for "Sweeney Todd?" Now, granted, i haven't seen the film, so i'm taking out my ***, but c'mon, the demon barber?!?!
    What, no nods for "Zodiac?!?!?!" That was one of the better films of 2007.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 01-22-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Johnny Depp for "Sweeney Todd?" Now, granted, i haven't seen the film, so i'm taking out my ***, but c'mon, the demon barber?!?!
    He deserves an Oscar. "Sweeney Todd" was a great film (I would know, I'm the only one here who saw it. Shame on all of you guys. ) and I hope he wins. Daniel Day-Lewis already has, like, 80 of them. He doesn't need another one. As for Best Picture, I'm hoping "No Country" wins, but overall this year's nominees are mainly "meh".
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

I can't believe Brothers Solomon got shut out, so I have to agree with Chux's position.

Depp and Burton both should've received Oscars long ago. Their first nomination each should have been for Edward Scissorhands. Burton should've won for Big Fish, no question in my mind.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Pssst! Hollywood always has an agenda, people!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Pssst! Hollywood always has an agenda, people!
    Yeah, it's called money.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid View Post
    It took you this long?
    Yeah really, I lost all respect for hollyweird years ago. It's still gonna take a miracle to wake the rest of america out of that coma.

They still somewhat know what they're doing, as they gave "The Departed" the Best Picture Oscar last year.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]