Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    You guys are not getting it!
    If the Apprentice kills Vader, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!
    And from then on, we depart slightly from canon and are in a parallell reality. The apprentice can kill Ben, kill Luke and also kill Boba, along with any other characters in the OT. It's a cool way of putting a spin on things and it's a great "what-if?" excercise.
    Okay but if the Apprentice kills Vader how do the Rebels end up on Hoth? The story shouldn't play out just as if the Apprentice replaces Vader, so the Hoth mission seems absurd. Even in the Infinities comics (which I liked) the ANH one takes its turn at the end of the film. I mean, if the Apprentice kills Obi-Wan, how does Luke end up joining the Alliance?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Okay but if the Apprentice kills Vader how do the Rebels end up on Hoth? The story shouldn't play out just as if the Apprentice replaces Vader, so the Hoth mission seems absurd. Even in the Infinities comics (which I liked) the ANH one takes its turn at the end of the film. I mean, if the Apprentice kills Obi-Wan, how does Luke end up joining the Alliance?

You are ASSUMING the Rebel base on hoth WASN'T established before the end of Yavin 4?
    I'd say it's more likely the Rebels had MANY bases established to escape to.
    They just went to the hoth base.
    Any problems they had in Empire could have just been getting themselves acclimatised to such a harsh climate.
    NOTHING mentioned in TESB says they went there and started from scratch.
    You need to engage your imagination and realise that if a main character from the OT dies in the game, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

If the apprentice kills Vader, then the Apprentice would be in charge of the Star Destroyer that captures Leia's ship. And if he is in charge, I doubt he would have his men refrain from shooting escape pods just because there are no signs of life on board. So 3PO and R2 would be destroyed along with the Death Star plans. Then Death Star would never be destroyed by the Rebels and the Emperor would be able to properly prepare for the attack of the Vong (according to Wookieepedia). So the bonus levels should be the Apprentice battling against Vong warriors.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

You are ASSUMING the Rebel base on hoth WASN'T established before the end of Yavin 4?
    I'd say it's more likely the Rebels had MANY bases established to escape to.
    They just went to the hoth base.
    Any problems they had in Empire could have just been getting themselves acclimatised to such a harsh climate.
    NOTHING mentioned in TESB says they went there and started from scratch.
    You need to engage your imagination and realise that if a main character from the OT dies in the game, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!
    Sure sure. I'm just saying that it seems like a real stretch. I mean, maybe Obi-Wan's death is felt by Yoda and he finds a way off of Dagobah to train Luke himself.

And on a side note, according to the canon I know, Luke discovers the abandoned facility that becomes Echo Base after he destroys the Death Star. I think that comes from the old Marvel comics though....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Sure sure. I'm just saying that it seems like a real stretch.

Dude, you accept teddy bears bringing an empire to it's knees and a slight re-imagining of historical events is a stretch????

Just be open minded is all i'm saying!
    The original "twist" ending of The Force unleashed wasn't meant to make too much sense. Just a different way it could have gone!

perhaps they are going to re-imagine the meeting of Luke and Ben and change the story line. the droids will still end up at Luke's moisture farm but perhaps the apprenctice later kills Ben after he tells Luke he must train in the ways of the force. Luke then journeys to Mos Eisley finds a way off planet joins the alliance thus the end of ANH and the concept of Hoth can become reality since Ben guides him to Dagobah to train as a Jedi.

as far as the battle of Yavin the Death Star followed the falcon there, Leia never gives up the base to Vader or Tarkin in ANH rather she says the Rebellion is on Dantoonie. there's a possibility that the apprentice is never on the Death Star at the time of the attack as well.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Welcome to why video games should and were for a long time, never considered part of the overall saga timeline.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Quote Originally Posted by pbarnard View Post
    Welcome to why video games should and were for a long time, never considered part of the overall saga timeline.
    Just because the Apprentice is killing Ben/Fighting Luke and Boba, doesn't require you all to abandon the OT. It's just a flight of fancy. Kind of like the alternate universe in the Star trek stories. You can accept both without needing too much info.
    It makes for a nice diversion from "canon" for a few hours.
    Don't over think it.
    Bar.

Just because the Apprentice is killing Ben/Fighting Luke and Boba, doesn't require you all to abandon the OT. It's just a flight of fancy. Kind of like the alternate universe in the Star trek stories. You can accept both without needing too much info.
    It makes for a nice diversion from "canon" for a few hours.
    Don't over think it.
    Bar.
    Which is the point...that's what video games "were" with respect to Star Wars until recently. Just remembering the past.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

so what's everyone's take on the 2 Force Unleashed 5 packs coming oout next year ? can't wait to see what versions of the Apprentice they give us and what they do with Juno. looking forward to finally getting Proxy.

I really hope they give us Kazden Paratus.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks