Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Who's read(ing) The Approaching Storm?

I just finished it. I thought it was pretty good. There was a few little confusing parts but they were minor. It is cool to learn about Luminara and Bariss and Anakin.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I just started it. I'll let you know what I think when I'm further into it. So far, one of the better books of the entire line. But I expected no less from Mr "I wrote both the novelization of ANH and the very first EU book" himself.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm currently in the middle and I like it so far. I'm still waiting for the appearance of the person(?) behind all of this - maybe Palpatine? I'm sure theres is something much deeper that I haven't gotten to yet.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Arrow well......

Well......If you want to spoil that part, which it really isn't that important, I found out early, then look on the last page. That person is revealed on page 344. If you can wait til then go ahead, but they are not revealed at all until then.
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

I've got exactly 221 pages to go before the bid secret is out. Now there's even more anticipation!
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

It's not that big a secret if you know movie spoilers. When you get to the mastermind, you'll be "Like, Duh!" I only read the first three chapters, then put it down because I was in the middle of two other books at the time. Oh, but I read the last page, too!

?

You didn't like it Rollo? I think that if you keep reading you'll enjoy it, I know it is a little obvious but once you get into it you can't stop and you learn alot about the characters.
    ~ Jacques Cousteau

I have dipped my toe in the EU pool - this is my first EU book since the Heir to the Empire books

I have enjoyed it so far, and I mistakenly noticed a certain name on the final page. I did already know before reading it that the person in question makes an appearance, and Rollo Tomassi is right that it will become strikingly obvious. It will be a nice treat to those staying spoiler free.

I don't know about this EU reading though - I just might catch the EU bug

No, I'll finish it. But it's hard to fully appreciate a book when you are juggling three different ones at the same time. I am reading Stephen Ambrose's D-Day and I was also reading Bill McKibben's Age of Missing Information for a class. Since there was going to be a quiz on it, I thought I'd better concentrate on that instead of reading three books at once. So when I'm done with those two books, I'll start TAS.

Storm was so good, I inadvertantly opened it and before I knew it, I was on chapter three.

Just picked it up yesterday...

I probably wont start reading it until this weekend. I accidentally saw the name on the last page as someone had slipped the dust jacket a couple pages into the back!

Oh, well.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**