Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Wave 1 comic packs out

I found the latest wave of these comic 2 packs. I saw all three but only got the LT. Jundland and Dena Shan pack for now. If ya want pics, I can post them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Please do. I'd love to see how they look other than in some preview picture.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Yes please KH! Post those pics!

I'll be on the lookout for these now.

Getting:
    3X Luke/Shan (at least-2 of these for customs-Admiral Daala and Ysanne Isard, however I may get more, just to have Female Imperial Officers)
    X1 Mouse/Basso
    X4 White Commando/Super Battle Droid (Need a full squad of white commandos)

-Sal
    Move along, move along

Here they are, I didnt take loose pics of Luke, see why below, noting special really.

Deena San pic is a bit blurry, I will take a better one tomorrow after charging the batteries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comic pack 1.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	16611   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comic pack 2.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	16612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comic pack 3.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	16613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deena Shan.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	16614  
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 01-26-2008 at 09:40 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Shan is a nice figure. She has knee, ankle, hip, wrist, elbow, chest(waist), shoulder and head for articulation.

Luke has swivel elbows, hip, wrist, waist, shoulder(normal, not ball jointed) and head. No knee or ankle.

Worth a pick up for the female officer.

Pretty sweet. You can never have too many Imperial officers I guess. I'll have to grab on when I see it.

I read that the Luke was just his head on an Ozzel body, but since I don't have the Luke yet, I have no way to reference that claim.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

The one thing that I think sucks is that Hasbro did NOT pay attention to the rank pips. BOTH Luke and Deena have Lieutenant pips (2 red over 2 blue).

No excuse for the female fig not to be right. She was a new sculpt. And they are using her for Juno Eclipse as well, who should have NO pips, IIRC.

They cheaped out with the Luke figure. It is indeed Luke's head on an Ozzel body.

At the least a minor rescupt to fix the rank pips.

For me it means I'm going to have to do some customizing. For something so simple! Not simple for us mind you, simple for Hasbro.

Ah well, I'll still get the sets. Just not looking forward to having to custom them.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    The one thing that I think sucks is that Hasbro did NOT pay attention to the rank pips. BOTH Luke and Deena have Lieutenant pips (2 red over 2 blue).

No excuse for the female fig not to be right. She was a new sculpt. And they are using her for Juno Eclipse as well, who should have NO pips, IIRC.

They cheaped out with the Luke figure. It is indeed Luke's head on an Ozzel body.

At the least a minor rescupt to fix the rank pips.

For me it means I'm going to have to do some customizing. For something so simple! Not simple for us mind you, simple for Hasbro.

Ah well, I'll still get the sets. Just not looking forward to having to custom them.
    Most times it seems simple just would make too much sense to the folks at Hasbro, and we all know they're not always that big on making sense.

Screw continuity, we're a multi-billion dollar company, so let's save a few bucks here and there, so I can get that new Jaguar I've been eyeing.

Found these yesterday, the Deena and Luke pack is worth the pick up most certainly. The republic commando pack is a little blah...but what can you expect? The Mouse and Basso (Sp?), was cool, but if your like me and don't read the Empire/Rebelion era comics your probably like who? Though another Duros character made the pack a cool oddity in my dioramas.

Honestly, I don't get why someone would prefer a guy in a helmet with little or no back story over a EU character, and if this guy in a helmet does have a backstory it's EU!!!!

Actually, they're using the Juno Eclipse mold for this body, it came first and was repurposed for the comic-pack.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.