Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Most Wanted New Figure Poll - Phase 1, Part 1 - A New Hope

Greetings and welcome to this thread in which we will vote on which unmade figures we would like to see made. This will be done in two phases.

Phase 1 will consist of six movie-by-movie polls in which you will rank and submit up to 25 figures per movie. Points will be tallied in the following manner: 25 points for a 1st place vote, 24 points for a 2nd place vote, and so on down to 1 point for a 25th place vote. Your list need not contain a full complement of 25 figures. If there aren't that many figures you want from a particular movie, just submit the ones that you want.

Phase 2 will be where the figures from each movie will run off against each other. At this point, we also plan to include the results from the EU poll. The top 5 from each movie poll and the EU poll will be put up for a vote. You will rank your top 5 from that list of 35 figures. Five points will be awarded for a 1st place vote, and so on down to 1 point for a 5th place vote. After tallying the results, the top five will make our final list. We then take the top five remaining figures from each movie list and EU list and repeat the process.

Don't worry if Phase 2 doesn't make sense to you yet, as we won't get to that part for a while. I'll explain it in more detail when the time comes.

At this point, the plan for Phase 1 is to allow voting for one month per movie. We will start with Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. We will then alternate between the prequels and the original trilogy. So, stick to voting for the current movie. At this point I intend to have a separate thread for each movie, and a thread for Phase 2. Of course, you can start thinking ahead to other movies so that you will have lists ready for them when the time comes. Also, there is still time to vote in the EU poll located here.

So, without further delay, the poll is now open.

Please submit a list of up to 25 figures you would like to see made from A New Hope. Rank them in order with #1 being your most wanted figure. This poll will run for four weeks, so votes must be submitted by the end of Sunday, February 24.

For your reference, you can use the following list with links to Wookieepedia pages to help jog your memory. Tycho and pegger provided most of the names for the list, and the A New Hope page was my main reference in finding links and adding more characters. Feel free to do your own research and vote for someone not on this list.

Cantina & Mos Eisley

Baniss Keeg/Chachi de Maal - 2nd Duros in Cantina
    Arleil Schous - The Defel from the Cantina
    Boelo - Jabba bodyguard - tall human
    Bom Vimdin - Advoze Cantina alien
    Brainiac - Cantina alien whose brain you can see
    Brindy Truchong - Tatooine Female Civilian (human)
    CZ-3 - Similar to CZ-4, wandering the streets of Mos Eisley
    Danz Borin - Spacer in Cantina, white suit with helmet on
    Debnoli - a human male in the Cantina seen when Luke & droids enter
    Dice Ibegon - the Lamproid from the Cantina
    Dr. Evazan - completely new resculpt
    Garouf Lafoe - Mos Eisley human snitch
    Gela Yeens - Jabba's henchman, mustache, goggles on head
    Brea Tonnika/Shada D'ukal - One of the space girls from the Cantina (blue suit)
    Senni Tonnika/Karoly D'ulin - One of the space girls from the Cantina (green suit)
    Kal'Falnl C'ndros - Ostrich-like, legs seen when speeder is sold
    Leesub Sirln - “Weird Girl”
    Melas - Sarkin Cantina patron (reverse of Ketwol's head)
    Mosep Binneed - depicted as Jabba the Hut in the comics.
    Reegesk - Rat-like Ranat from Cantina
    Rycar Ryjerd - The Midget, in Cantina
    Solomahal
    Swilla Corey
    Trinto Duaba – corpse-like guy in Hammerhead shot
    Tzizvvt - Cantina Brizzit fly alien
    Jabba bodyguard - fat, bearded human - Name unknown
    Wioslea - large cloaked alien who buys Luke's landspeeder
    Yerka Mig - Human Cantina patron seen when Han tosses coin to bartender
    a moisture farmer (background human male with hat and typical Tatooine garb)
    Guy in yellow space suit (in the bar) – Bossk style outfit, seen next to Danz Borin
    Cantina Band Member - new sculpt, SA, all five instruments and a stool.
    Ponda Baba - SA resculpt with soft goods jacket
    Het Nkik - Jawa from Cantina
    Lirin Car'n - Bith not a member of Cantina band
    Hrchek Kal Fas/Sai'torr Kal Fas - Saurins, reptilian cantina aliens.

Rebels
    General Bob Hudsol - The bald guy seen in the Rebel briefing room
    Davish "Pops" Krail - Gold 5
    Del Goren - Rebel on Yavin - "We've picked up a new group of signals. Enemy fighters coming your way."
    Commander Evram Lajaie - Another bald guy seen in Rebel briefing room
    Red Leader Garven Dreis - (completely resculpted, removeable helmet)
    Red Leader's astromech - R5 droid red and black stripes
    Rebel Technician – Gray uniform with helmet
    John D. Branon - Red 4 "I'm hit" X wing guy
    Pello Scrambas - Old Rebel Fleet Trooper on Tantive IV
    Theron Nett - Red 10 pilot - "too much interference"
    Tiree - Gold 2
    Commander Vanden Willard - Yavin Rebel who greets Leia
    Rebel brown uniform with hat

Droids
    M-HYD "Binary" droid - one of the droids on the sandcrawler
    CZ-1 - CZ droid on sandcrawler
    R5-A2 - Yellow/Orange R5 in Mos Eisley
    U-3P0 - On Tantive IV, looks like C-3PO
    Green R2 (seen on Yavin)
    Blue R3 - Unnamed R3 unit (roaming the DS halls)
    WED-15-ST68 - the white platform droid with the multiple arms sticking up from it (Jawa scenes)
    WED-9-M1 - aka bantha droid, a treadwell droid with oblong blue head
    Blown up R2-D2
    R2-D2 Ion shot
    R2-D2 with data arm
    R2-D2 with fire extinguisher
    Wedge's R2
    White R5 (seen in briefing room)

Imperials
    Bald Imperial in DS breifing room
    Captain Bolvan - Imperial Officer - "Hold your fire. There's no life forms"
    Daine Jir - Imperial Officer - "Holding her is dangerous"
    Lieutenant Hija - Imperial Officer - "There goes another one"
    Khurgee - Imperial Officer - "I want every part of this ship checked”
    Commander Praji - Imperial Officer - "An escape pod was jettisoned during the fighting, but no life forms were aboard."
    Pol Treidum - Imperial Officer - "TK-421, why aren't you at your post?"
    Lt. Shann Childsen Imperial Officer - "Where are you taking this 'thing'?"
    Lieutenant Tanbris - Imperial Officer - "We count 30 ships Lord Vader."
    Imperial Officer (grey uniform)
    Imperial Officer (officer's tunic, as the 3 figures we have wear a jumpsuit)
    Imperial Officer (white tunic, black pants, black hat) – can be seen when Han, Luke & Chewie are waiting for elevator – bascially Wulf Yularen with black pants
    Spacetrooper (seen when Falcon is tractored in)

Other
    Chess Pieces x 8
    Crispy Beru
    Crispy Owen
    Dead jawa
    Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise carded
    Han Solo Yavin Ceremony
    Leia in dirty clothes (post compactor)
    Pilot Chewie
    Uncle Owen (resculpted and carded)
    Luke Skywalker - SA with removable stormtrooper belt, blaster and grappling hook
    Princess Leia - SA with removable hood up/hood down pieces
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - SA - must have knee articulation
    Han Solo - with removable stormtroooper belt and blaster

Resculpts are not off limits, but keep in mind that core characters get redone from time to time anyway, and most minor characters' figures are more than adequate for the amount of screen time they get. So, voting for Tatooine Luke would probably not be a good use of a vote as we see this repacked, repainted, re-sculpted or kit-bashed every couple years. However, Dr. Evazan would be a good candidate because he has never been carded and previous attempts have been universally disliked. Red Leader would be a good example as well, since he has only been released as a rather generic looking pack-in.

Let the voting begin.

Would a write-in for a dedicated Het N'kik figure (with Tusken amulet and Imperial-issue blaster rifle) be allowable?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Would a write-in for a dedicated Het N'kik figure (with Tusken amulet and Imperial-issue blaster rifle) be allowable?
    I suppose if there is a Jawa on screen or in a cut scene that you can identify as him, feel free. I know there are other characters from Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina that were supposedly there, but have not necessarily been identified on screen.

He's the Jawa sitting at the table with Reegesk.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Het_Nkik

I mention that because, ideally, he'd be packed with Reegesk. The Imperial blaster and Tusken amulet are from his story, but he could also include a glass, as seen in ANH.

I'll cook up a list and post it shortly.

Edit: Duh, if I'd read more closely, I would've seen you encouraging write-ins before.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Writing in the following:
    • Luke Farmboy with removable stormtrooper belt, blaster, and grappling hook
    • Han with removable stormtrooper belt and blaster
    • Leia regular ANH with removable hood-up/hood-down pieces
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Owen Lars (alive)
    And my total list:
    1. Luke Farmboy with removable stormtrooper belt, blaster, and grappling hook
    2. Leia regular ANH with removable hood-up/hood-down pieces
    3. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    4. Dr. Evazan
    5. Pello Scrambas
    6. Owen Lars (alive)
    7. R2-D2 with data arm
    8. R2-D2 Ion shot
    9. Imperial Officer (grey uniform)
    10. Han with removable stormtrooper belt and blaster
    11. Imperial Officer (officer's tunic, as the 3 figures we have wear a jumpsuit)
    12. Spacetrooper (seen when Falcon is tractored in)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    He's the Jawa sitting at the table with Reegesk.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Het_Nkik
    I was going over and over the Cantina scene today and I couldn't find Reegesk. I think I found the "Weird Girl" off to the left when we see the wide shot of the bar at the beginning. The guy in the white space suit walks past her I think. There wasn't a good shot of her face.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    What sort of Obi-Wan are you wanting? Something along the lines of the VOTC version but better executed? I like that figure, but knee articulation and a less bulky cloak would be an improvement.

Yeah, regular Obi-Wan Kenobi, nothing specific, just normal Ben done right. That's pretty much what I want out of that Leia, Luke, and Han entry as well, although Luke & Han are a little cheaty because I'm presenting them in a new fashion (it's not really cheating as I do want them that way).

I think Reegesk is by Kabe near the beginning of the scene. According to SW.com, "In addition to the rodent in the cantina, a rather tall member of this same species walks across frame as Luke is selling his landspeeder."
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When do the votes have to be in by? I will get to it this week some time at work
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wow, this list really shows how far we still have to go figure-wise. From the list, here's my top picks.

1. Dice Ibegon - the Lamproid from the Cantina
    2. U-3P0 - On Tantive IV, looks like C-3PO
    3. Blown up R2-D2
    4. Wioslea - large cloaked alien who buys Luke's landspeeder
    5. Han Solo Yavin Ceremony
    6. Commander Vanden Willard - Yavin Rebel who greets Leia
    7. Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise carded
    8. Pilot Chewie
    9. Commander Praji - Imperial Officer - "An escape pod was jettisoned during the fighting, but no life forms were aboard."
    10. Daine Jir - Imperial Officer - "Holding her is dangerous"
    11. Red Leader Garven Dreis - (completely resculpted, removeable helmet)
    12. Davish "Pops" Krail - Gold 5
    13. Tiree - Gold 2
    14. Del Goren - Rebel on Yavin - "We've picked up a new group of signals. Enemy fighters coming your way."
    15. Red Leader's astromech - R5 droid red and black stripes
    16. Bom Vimdim - Advoze Cantina alien
    17. Senni Tonnika/Karoly D'ulin - One of the space girls from the Cantina
    18. Brea Tonnika/Shada D'ukal - One of the space girls from the Cantina
    19. WED-15-ST68 - the white platform droid with the multiple arms sticking up from it (Jawa scenes)
    20. Trinto Duaba – corpse-like guy in Hammerhead shot
    21. John D. Branon - Red 4 "I'm hit" X wing guy
    22. Melas - Sarkin Cantina patron (reverse of Ketwol's head)
    23. Theron Nett - Red 10 pilot - "too much interference"
    24. Reegesk - Rat-like Ranat from Cantina
    25. Baniss Keeg/Chachi de Maal - 2nd Duros in Cantina

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    When do the votes have to be in by? I will get to it this week some time at work
    I'll say four weeks per poll. So, submit your votes by the end of Sunday, February 24.