Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

TFU toys and collectibles

THIS IS AN EDIT BY SAL...I moved all of these posts on the first two pages to this thread from the checklist thread to save them for you folks. This is to be the discussion thread for the toys.

If you don't plan on getting this line, please feel free to post in this thread instead. Please keep negative posts to this line in that thread. Thanks!

(Sorry to have to hi-jack your post there KH.)
    END OF EDIT.

Also I have seen the Unleashed BP's of these guys at WM.
    Last edited by jedi master sal; 01-27-2008 at 10:11 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I was excited about the game, but the further delay coupled with the info that the Wii version won't have accurate sword controls and is made by a third party is quashing that pretty quickly.

Vive la Wii!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They really need to just release the 360 and PS3 versions now, then the Wii when it's ready. The delay has really wilted the hype.

The tie-in toys may pegwarm now, whereas they would in all likelyhood move much faster with the game being out at the same time.

I'm a tad worried that this will hold up future waves of figures. True it will save money NOW, but then it's going to be like last year when we get hit with several waves in a month.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    They really need to just release the 360 and PS3 versions now, then the Wii when it's ready. The delay has really wilted the hype.

The tie-in toys may pegwarm now, whereas they would in all likelyhood move much faster with the game being out at the same time.

I'm a tad worried that this will hold up future waves of figures. True it will save money NOW, but then it's going to be like last year when we get hit with several waves in a month.
    I agree. IF the problem is the Wii platform, I don't mind waiting for them to get it right. But they could release it for the other platforms.

I can't see the figures are going to do to well without the game out around the same time. While I'd get the troopers, and even Vader (I know Chux hates it, but I kinda like it), the others will be quickly "meh" without the tie in.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

I'm a little torn on these figs. Do I wait or do I buy them now.

I do have an "in" on a case of these. It's the internet special case assortment.
    Assortment includes two each of Kashyyyk Trooper, Evo Stormtrooper, Imperial Jump Trooper, and Shadow Guard, with one each of Darth Vader, Rahm Kota, Maris Brood and Juno Eclipse.

That is an excellent case assortment for me. I'd even consider two cases of that since I'd need the troops and the extra Juno. That would leave me with an extra Vader, Kota and Brood though.

Still even if I got stuck with them I'd still be paying less than retail for the figs right away.

On one hand I could have the figures now and less than retail, though not by as much if I get stuck with those three mention. Or wait and see if they clearance later (which has NOT been the trend).

Ultimately I think I'll end up getting the two cases and hope to trade/sell-at cost those three figs.
    Move along, move along

I actually have to say the Vader figure looks very well executed. I just don't like it because there are only three people in the galaxy who should be able to put a hurting on Vader: Obi-Wan, Palpatine, and Luke. His injuries in ROTJ weren't even a fraction of this, and they proved fatal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sal, if you do that, I might be interested in the extras.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Sal, if you do that, I might be interested in the extras.
    Absolutely! That would be a great help to me as well. As soon as I know when the cases are available, and I've got two cases secure, I'll let you know.

Thanks!
    Move along, move along

Are there photos of this line somewhere?

To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy