Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Titanium View Post
    These 1138 associations are gettin' pretty tenuous, at best.
    Mine was totally true. I remember seeing that number in my Excel spreadsheet and I thought, wow, that's pretty cool. But who could I tell that would get the reference other than a bunch of SW forumites?

BTW, out of that $1,138.09, I spent $254.69 on Hasbro SW (25 basic figures and 4 comic packs); and $188.32 on LEGO SW (6 sets) between Jan 1 - May 31. The remainder went towards non-SW LEGO, Indiana Jones, GI Joe, Minimates, and 1 Star Trek figure.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

So are we all prepared for 1-1-(20)38? Only 30 years to go!

Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    Already requested that day off!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    Are they the folks that eat four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie?
    Huh, huh. You said "baked."
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Are they the folks that eat four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie?
    When the pie was opened,
    The birds began to sing;
    Wasn't that a dainty dish,
    To set before the king?

Dunno 'bout dainty... but if the baked goods are good enough for the king...

John Lennon really liked that old Sixpence rhyme... he used other parts of it in the Beatles' "Cry Baby Cry" (so good). It's rumoured that he may have smoked dem herbal cigarettes, too... I know, sounds wildly far-fetched and really hard-to-believe.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Hmm.. I say olde boy, It's good enough for the King across the pond John, it good enough for me. We'll have tea and crumpets before then precisely at 11:38, let the birds cook long enough. We wouldn't want our dainty dish to come out half baked now would we George?

We on the other hand might be fully baked by then.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Will there be a post every hour on the 38 minute mark to commemorate the event in every time zone like they did the new Millenium?

Dick Clarks animated corpse: "Three.... two.... one..... zero.... It is now 11:38 on 1-1-38 in Brussels. Congratulations Belgium."

Better yet, Someone should personally experience the celebration in each time zone!

Somebody needs to get Sansweet on this.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Do we know anyone with a private jet?

Do we know anyone with a private jet?
    I'm sure by then everyone will have one in some form. With the cost of Gasoline being $152.59 per gallon, it's cheeper to fly.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Will there be a post every hour on the 38 minute mark to commemorate the event in every time zone like they did the new Millenium?

Dick Clarks animated corpse: "Three.... two.... one..... zero.... It is now 11:38 on 1-1-38 in Brussels. Congratulations Belgium."

Better yet, Someone should personally experience the celebration in each time zone!

Somebody needs to get Sansweet on this.
    This could possibly be the only valuable use for Twitter.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    This could possibly be the only valuable use for Twitter.
    That is a great idea. Lets create a Twitter type web site that only allows entries of what people are doing at 11:38 around the world. Instead of people tweeting, they will be eleven-thirtyeighting. Then we can just sit back and watch the money roll in.

This could be huge.