Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

4:20? Try 11:38!

(Yes, I'm copping this from my blog entry, sue me)

For those of you who don't know, 4:20 is the time when pot-heads take their "smoke break", it's become their codeword for dope-smokin', and often comes with the phrase "it's always 4:20 somewhere". I've certainly come across a number of 4:20 aficionados in my time, even in multiplayer videogames where they include it as part of their username.

In the past few months, I've found that I'm often looking up at the clock at exactly 11:38, whether AM or PM (I'm not a morning guy, but 11:38 ain't that early), which I've found a little interesting. Then it dawned on me while playing Star Wars Battlefront II at 11:38 last night that, hey, maybe we Star Wars fans - or "Star Warts" as on rare occasion I've called us - should do our own version of 4:20 and whenever we take note of it being 11:38, we should do something Star Wars-related, even if it's only waving a hand at an automatic door (admit it, you've used the Force to open doors all the time). Watch the movies, play the soundtracks, pose an action figure, cut off your son's hand, kiss your sister, electrocute the handicapped, make 3 inferior films which stand in total defiance of the original mythos you created, play with a lightsaber toy, talk like Jar Jar, or get high and say "Star Wars? Man, we're already having wars... under the starrrrs!" and think it's brilliantly hilarious. My point is, 11:38 should be our time to be Star Wars fans every day.

Now if my Trekkie side could only get a 17:01 o'clock...
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have noticed that a lot of digital clocks that have the clear plastic film with a time pre-printed on them for store display have 11:38 as the time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sounds cool to me, I am always down to electrocute the handicapped. And for Trekkies, 5:01 pm is 1701 in Army time
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

420 RULES though, but only cuz it's me birthday

Ya know, I never ever thought of 1138 when I see the clock at 11:38, but now, thanks to YOU JT, I'll never forget it

And now I can still go about my business opening electric doors and elevator doors with the force!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

What irony!

The local California Highway Patrol office here is #420! (If you ever get the itch to try break the Kessel Run time record on Interstate 5 or Highway 99 in my county, your ticket will have a "420" reference written on it).

I've never heard of the 420 reference before. Maybe an LA thing, JT? Around here there's reference to 11357 for this 'n' that, which is the Californian Penal Code Section for possession of an illicit "green leafy material" (as most Po-leece around here call it).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    What irony!

The local California Highway Patrol office here is #420! (If you ever get the itch to try break the Kessel Run time record on Interstate 5 or Highway 99 in my county, your ticket will have a "420" reference written on it).
    I live very near both of those 'interstates' however, I drive like a grandma most of the time, so my PT Cruiser will never make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

I also had never heard of the 420 thang until I moved down here to so cal

420 was also Carrie Fisher's first costume fitting for Star Wars

I'm well aware of the 420 association, perhaps due in part to the fact that I live near Boulder, which has an annual, er, "celebration" on campus.

I have known about the 420 thing for at least 20 years and I live on the East Coast.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

OMG it was just 4:20 on my computer clock