Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I've always noted times. In fact, my pocketwatch version of a grandfather clock on my dresser has been at 9:11 for the last 15 years or so (as an homage to the "9-1-1 is a Joke" song from Public Enemy, not that "other" one). I also note time left in sporting events at 9:11, as well as when the score's 51-50 (crazy, eh? ).

A sampling of the times I look forward to during the day, and why:
    6:07, 6:41 (Cub and Boy Scout pack and troop numbers)
    12:34 or 1:23 (and it the watch has 56 or 45 seconds, even better)
    8:08 (a common time, Bob)
    11:38 (we know why)
    10:23 (personal info, available in my profile )
    7:47 (lea-vin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again)
    11:11 (four aces? c'mon! )

There's probably more, but I can't remember them now. Maybe at another TIME. Ha!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Wouldn't that be 5:01pm in military time?
    Nobody's going to go for that though, military time isn't as universal. I think we need to petition the government to go to 24-hour time just for that reason.

Last night at 11:38, I jumped on SW:Battlefront II.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I think we need to petition the government to go to 24-hour time just for that reason.
    the 24-hour clock is already used extensively in Europe. As usual, our little county is behind the times.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    12:34 or 1:23 (and it the watch has 56 or 45 seconds, even better)
    11:38 (we know why)
    7:47 (lea-vin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again)
    11:11 (four aces? c'mon! )

There's probably more, but I can't remember them now. Maybe at another TIME. Ha!
    I like the 1234 type ones as well as palindrome numbers. I also like all 3's - 3:33:33.

There was a time where it seemed I would often wake up at 7:37 and immediately that CCR song "Traveling Band" would come into my mind - "737 comin' out of the sky"

Sometimes I'll message my boss at work and she will reply with a thank you, but she will abbreviate it "thx". I'm often tempted to reply "1138".

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I like the 1234 type ones as well as palindrome numbers. I also like all 3's - 3:33:33.

There was a time where it seemed I would often wake up at 7:37 and immediately that CCR song "Traveling Band" would come into my mind - "737 comin' out of the sky"

Sometimes I'll message my boss at work and she will reply with a thank you, but she will abbreviate it "thx". I'm often tempted to reply "1138".
    oh man, DO IT, DO IT!!!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    the 24-hour clock is already used extensively in Europe. As usual, our little county is behind the times.
    They use it over here in Nippon.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Thanx you JT . . thank you sooooo much Yesterday I had to take notice when the time was 11:38 .. . . BOTH TIMES!! As if I don't have enough little quirks to deal with . . . now I have a new one . . . Thanx soo much

j/k . . serious though when it hit in the morning I had someone walk into my office and I said in a very Yoda voice "So Old I look to young eyes?" he hehe . .they didn't get it . . .
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Another good time to remember:

"What time is it?
    4:30.
    It's not late, naw, naw, it's just early, early."

That band was so underrated.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Eww, Europe? Friggin' metric time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dar' Argol View Post
    Thanx you JT . . thank you sooooo much Yesterday I had to take notice when the time was 11:38 .. . . BOTH TIMES!! As if I don't have enough little quirks to deal with . . . now I have a new one . . . Thanx soo much

j/k . . serious though when it hit in the morning I had someone walk into my office and I said in a very Yoda voice "So Old I look to young eyes?" he hehe . .they didn't get it . . .
    Yeaaaah buddy!

So last night, I'm driving at 11:38 so I flip open my cellphone/mp3 player and crank up the opening theme. Not a safe tune to drive to.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Took this photo of my hand... and my stove, the other morning. Can't seem to recall what time I did so, but hey, who remembers such mudane, uber-specific details, anyway?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1138CookTime.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	17096  
    "That's what Sheev said."