Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I was reading this thread last night thinking what tosh this sort of thing is and then I stood up to stretch my legs prior to switching the PC off. looked at my clock. 4.20. looked at the green leaf material cigarette in my hand and smiled.
    strange thing is i never look at clocks despite having two or three in every room. no idea why i did at that precise moment but there ya go.

Nice job BCJ!!!

I have been taking notice of 11:38 here and there still, yesterday I did both of 'em!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Played a game of Spider Solitaire the other day. My winning score was... 1137? Why do I post that here? Because my finger slipped on the mouse button and it cost me a point; therefore, I'd have had 1138, if not for my clumsiness.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I just realized, we should have a celebration on November 3, for it will be 11/3/08. That's as close to 1138 you'll get in a date until January 1, 2038. Actually, it looks like we missed out on 1/13/08, as it was a couple weeks before this thread started.

It's 11:38 right now and I'm listening to the ANH Main Titles!

(I see the forums clock is 5 minutes off though)

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos (sort of) View Post
    Played a game of Spider Solitaire the other day. My winning score was... 1138!
    See pic below... trust me that that teeny tiny score I'm pointing at says 1138. Oh, please trust me...

BTW, my namesake is Joseph Campbell, and if you take the backwards calculator number equivilants of "BELL," it would be "1138." Hmm...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1138SpiSol.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	17396  
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

That looks like 1134 to me, who are you trying to con?!? Next time, just hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard, then paste the screencap it takes to any imaging program (even crappy MS Paint), it's a lot easier than that shaky photograph which makes you beg us to believe you - I do believe you, mister 1139 J/k, good job!

Nicely done on the "Bell-1138" connection, that's a masterpiece. Boy, wouldn't it be weird if that was the genesis of it?

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That looks like 1134 to me, who are you trying to con?!? Next time, just hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard, then paste the screencap it takes to any imaging program (even crappy MS Paint), it's a lot easier than that shaky photograph which makes you beg us to believe you - I do believe you, mister 1139 J/k, good job!

Nicely done on the "Bell-1138" connection, that's a masterpiece. Boy, wouldn't it be weird if that was the genesis of it?
    Hey! Someone's gotta keep the USB cord and digital camera cartels in business!

As for the 1138, it's indirectly related to Joseph Campbell. His work with A Skeletons Key to Finnegan's Wake written by James Joyce made him a worldwide expert (and actually was controversial based on some of his claims about some things I don't remember right now) on the author. There's a repeating number of 1134 in several of Joyce's books (character's addresses, times of day, Bible verses, etc.), but maybe Lucas thought of 1138 as "bell" (although I realized it'd be "7738" to truly be "bell" upside down, unless the 'L's are lowercase) and made his version in tribute. Unless we ask TMRFE, we'll never know...

My local Walmart is open until midnight so I can buy star wars figures at 11:38 pm !!
    Yesterday I bought Jango Fett Mighty Muggs and Clone commander Cody at about 11:38 pm !! It was awesome!!