Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Quitter! Jerry Sloan of the NBA's Utah Jazz retires with 1,127 regular season wins. Didn't think you could win 11 more, eh?
    You know what? Since his resignation, they've only won 6 games, so perhaps he just knew.

Yesterday, in preparing for the upcoming standardized testing, one of the review pages in the book included... 1,138. Yup.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

One student has a current total of points equalling that magic number, and last night I pulled into my driveway as my clock changed to 11:38. Nice! In church, before it began, I discovered that there are 7 (or was it 8... now I forget) books of the Bible that have a chapter 11 that includes at least 38 verses.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Played my 1,138th game of "Intermediate" level Spider Solitaire. My score was... 1131. Dang! Should've been less careless with the moves I made...

Yesterday's big 500+ point drop in the Dow Jones puts its total at a 11,383.68 closing.

I needed to get three more books for my class set of grammar books, since my rosters are now larger. The code numbers of the books are scanned with 4 digits; I saw 1134, and then 1139. Just as I thought I'd seen them all, I found... 1138. :bliss:

Saw a few 1138s at Disneyland yesterday: in the Star Trader gift shop (the box labled with an "Imperial Garrison THX1138" sticker) and some in Star Tours (an annoucement had the number in some flight, the flight from Coruscant was #1138 on the big arrivals/departures board screen, and even better was a 1138 flight from Chandrilla... the homeworld of Jedi Knight Bel-Cam Jos! ).

Jim Thome, who became baseball's newest member of the 600-home run club last night, currently has 11 home runs and 38 RBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Jim Thome, who became baseball's newest member of the 600-home run club last night, currently has 11 home runs and 38 RBI.
    I like to pronounce his name like it is spelled (with a th sound at the beginning and rhyming with home), rather than TOE-me.

Where I live, there are many references to the small base-of-the-mountain areas around us. And I like to pronounce the word as "foo-thills."

p.s. Here's a poor quality pic of Chandrilla's flight at ST, at the bottom of the list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1138DL.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	25328  

Too long without a 1138 reference! I didn't get a picture of that event since I was watching it live, but the Steelers were introduced at the Cardinals game at exactly 11:38 before kickoff time. Here's a picture after a Pittsburgh offensive 1st quarter play on the big screen, at a certain time left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AZ 1138.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	25520